2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2016 8:28 AM by Ashley7

Spurious or "glitchy" rectangles appear when using Camera Raw.

Ashley7 Level 3

When I use Camera Raw, I'm seeing Spurious or "glitchy" rectangles appear when using various tools, from adjusting exposure, to adjustment brush, etc. To get around the issue, I must adjust a tool I'm using, such as exposure or a brush until the rectangles go away, then try to accomplish my original task. While annoying and disruptive to work, the issue so far seems harmless from an actual corruption standpoint.

The issue goes away (stops happening completely) when I uncheck Raw's "Use Graphics Processor" checkbox.

My guess is this is a GPU/driver issue. If anyone knows anything on this, would be great to hear, else I just wanted to share the info in case someone else has the same issue arise.

Note, I have a relatively new Intel-based system with 970M, latest drivers, and plenty of memory... this is not an "old system" or lack of memory type of issue. 

Here is an example of what I see (red arrows point to issue but are not themselves part of the issue):

Problem goes away when I uncheck the following...

Some sys info...

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M driver version 372.54.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2015.5.1 20160722.r.156 2016/07/22:23:00:00 CL 1083377  x64

Camera Raw 9.6.1.631

Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:14

Physical processor count: 4

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 2712 MHz

Built-in memory: 49110 MB

Free memory: 25204 MB