6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 5:30 AM by Steve Grisetti

help syncing audio

dant9303085

New to premiere element my VOB file audio slowly get out of sync with video. Got to be a easy answer.

• 1. Re: help syncing audio
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Yes, but we'll certainly need more information than that.

Which version of the program are you using and on what operating system?

How did you get the video from the DVD to your computer? Did you create this DVD and if so using what program? Can you confirm that this is  not a commercial DVD?

When you place the VOB file on Video 1 on your timeline, is there a yellow-orange "render" line over the video? This indicates that your program is not matching the video's specs.

RenderLine.jpg

• 2. Re: help syncing audio
            dant9303085 Level 1

Thank you so much for your help. It is premiere elements 9. Windows 10. I originally copied my movies from 8mm and VHS using a DVD/CD/VHS read/write combo unit. Just copied from DVD on to hard drive I don't remember the program it was but it was the most popular free VOB player? maybe. Definitely not a commercial disk. And yes there is a orange line above the videos. What does that mean "not matching videos specs"? Also if it means anything the audio matches at first then as the other files play in the premiere project they become mismatched. thanks again Steve

• 3. Re: help syncing audio

Version 9 is a very old version of the program, and it didn't work well with VOB files. You need to manually set up the program to work with VOBs as source video -- and even then you'll get poor performance and out of sync playback. (This was all remedied in version 11, FWIW.)

Unfortunately in version 9 the project must also be set up properly when you first begin. You can't change the project settings partway through.

The best you can do is start a new project. On the New Project panel, click Settings and, on the Settings screen, select the option for Hard Disk, Flash Memory Camcorder, Standard 48 khz. Then add your video to your project. Remember to render your timeline (press Enter) whenever you see the yellow-orange line above any clips on your timeline. That will give you the best possible performance with this source footage.

Although, as I said, upgrading to a more recent version of the program makes this kind of work so much easier! The entire process is much more automatic. I'd recommend you try downloading the free trial of version 14 and give it a test drive.

• 4. Re: help syncing audio
                dant9303085 Level 1

Thanks Steve I'll give that a try.

• 5. Re: help syncing audio
                  dant9303085 Level 1

Steve I tried the adobe premiere pro cc free down load and it was incredible. But I didn't want to subscribe so I bought the elements 14 upgrade. The audio is fine but the quality sucks compared to the premiere pro cc. Why is that and how do I fix it?

• 6. Re: help syncing audio

It depends on what you mean by " the quality sucks compared to the premiere pro ". That doesn't give us much to work with.

"Sucks" could mean anything.

Can you post an example of what  you're seeing or hearing to YouTube and post a link to it here so we can see?

And please be specific! Even "the audio levels are too low", "the audio sounds overmodulated," "the picture is fuzzy" or "the color hue is off" is more helpful than "the quality sucks".