6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 11:16 AM by zBernie

Why are some of my titles turning black?

zBernie Level 1

I'm using the blue Aquarium_title title.  Some of these have turned from blue to black and white.  The first time they turned black on me, I recall adding another to my timeline, then seeing a message indicating that the resource was being downloaded.  Then they turned from black to blue.  But I just noticed about 3 out of 10 are still black and white.  Normally in the advanced mode I click on the "Project Assets" drop down, then copy a title, then modify it.  This normally works without a problem.  I'm using PrE 14 on a Mac.

What do I need to do to prevent these titles from turning from blue to black and white?

• 1. Re: Why are some of my titles turning black?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The titles may appear black and white but the title files are certainly still in color.

What happens if you output a video of your movie? Are the titles black and white in the output?

Which version of OSX are you using? El Capitan seems to give Adobe products a number of issues.

What are your computer specs? Which processor do you have and with how much RAM?

• 2. Re: Why are some of my titles turning black?
            zBernie Level 1

I just exported the video, and some titles are in fact black, and other's are the original blue color of the Aquarium_title title.  I am using El Capitan, but I experienced this same issue with older versions of OSX.  Here are the specs of my Mac:

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

• 3. Re: Why are some of my titles turning black?

I don't know. There is no reason this is happening. The title files themselves are definitely in color!

If you were on a PC, I'd suggest going to the nVidia site and ensuring your have the latest drivers for your graphics card -- but OSX keeps everything up to date for you.

It could be that the Retina monitor is bugging things up. It doesn't play well with Premiere Elements.

But beyond that, I'm not sure what to suggest. It might be worth contacting Adobe support via chat.

Contact Customer Care

• 4. Re: Why are some of my titles turning black?
                zBernie Level 1

I thought I would uninstall PrE and re-install it, to see if that helped.  I found that I actually had two instances PrE 14 installed!  Not sure how that happened.  After uninstalling both instances, and re-installing only one, then removing all of the black titles, everything seems to be working normally again.

Thanks for your help with this odd problem!

• 5. Re: Why are some of my titles turning black?

That's great news, zBernie! Please mark this question as answered.

• 6. Re: Why are some of my titles turning black?
                    zBernie Level 1

Okay, I copied about 5 Aqurium_title titles, changed the text, and they remained blue, until I tried a 6th one, which turned black.  I tried rebooting my laptop, still black.  I then tried deleting the black title, then added one from the "Titles and Text" drop down list, and it remained blue.  I'm going to try adding it from the Titles and Text drop down instead of copying it in my project assets, and see if that resolves the issue once and for all.