Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio not pausing for text field entry

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have multiple text entries(2) and a hotspot on a page.  I would like the audio to pause while the user is entering the text, which seems the whole purpose of the pause in the text entry timeline element.

It isn't pausing though.  When I view a preview in the browser, the playhead pauses, but the audio continues until the end of the slide.

Attached is a picture of the timeline.

captivate.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, unlike Shape Buttons, Text Entry Boxes DO NOT have an option to Stop Slide Audio when they pause the timeline.

However, maybe you could add a Shape button to the slide and place its pause point at the same location as the TEB then use the option to Stop Slide Audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rod.  I thought I tried that last night, but tried again this morning and the behavior is the same.  The playhead stops where it's supposed to, but the audio continues on.

When you say Shape Button, you mean go up to the toolbar and click interactions > button, right?

captivate2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No a shape button is inserted using the Shapes button in the Big Button Bar (BBB), and activating the feature 'Use as button'. You are using a normal button. Shape buttons appeared with version 6 and have a lot more features than normal buttons, have a look at these blog posts:

Why I like Shape Buttons - Captivate 6! - Captivate blog

Toggle Shape buttons - Captivate 6 - Captivate blog

Buttons on Question/Score Slides in Captivate 6? - Captivate blog

You didn't tell which version you are using, could be 8 or 9 since you talk about the BBB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked.  Thanks!

Such a weird place to put that functionality. It boggles my mind why they wouldn't put the "Stop slide audio" checkbox on the options tab for every type of button or interactive element to coincide with the pause that's already in there.  Maybe it's a programming thing.

Anyway, thanks again for the workaround!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources