9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2017 12:44 PM by dj_paige

problemi

stefanom28053840

E' stato riscontrato un errore durante la lettura della cache delle anteprime .
      l'applicazione deve essere chiusa.

(al successivo avvio verrà effettuato un tentativo di correzione del problema)

And 'an error occurred during the cache read previews.

the application must be closed.

(The next time will be made an attempt correction of the problem)

• 1. Re: problemi
          dj_paige Level 9

Go to the same folder that contains your Lightroom catalog file. In that folder you will find a file whose name ends with .LOCK.

Delete the .LOCK file. Do not delete anything else.

• 2. Re: problemi
            stefanom28053840 Level 1

but the problem is that I can not do anything else.

I'm forced to close the program

• 3. Re: problemi
              dj_paige Level 9

You do this in your operating system, not in Lightroom.

• 4. Re: problemi
                danielecolombo

Hi. I got exactly the same problem with LR 5.7 on Windows 10. While looking for an answer, I found first that I had to delete the preview cache fodler (Lightroom 5 Catalog Previews.lrdata). Here I read that I have to delete the .LOCK file: I tried the first solution with no results, and can't find any .LOCK file non simply where the catalog is, but in the whole PC.

What's wrong?

Thanks n advance and best regards

• 5. Re: problemi
                  dj_paige Level 9

I got exactly the same problem with LR 5.7 on Windows 10.

Please state the problem clearly instead of saying it is exactly the same.

• 6. Re: problemi
                    danielecolombo Level 1

Sorry. As soon as I finished uploading the images of my last holiday in LR 5.7 the PC shut down for no apparent reason. I restarted it and when I opened LR i had an error reading preview cache. LR said will fix on next launch, but never did. Searching for a solution, I first found I had to delete the Lightroom 5 Catalog Previews.lrdata: I did, but got exactly the same problem over and over, although I read other people actually solved the problem in this way. Now, apparently on the same topic, I see your suggestion of deleting the .LOCK file, but I cannot locate it anywhere on my PC - not even where you say it should be.

Do I do something wrong?

Thanks in advance

• 7. Re: problemi
                      dj_paige Level 9

To tell you the truth, I think my answer above was wrong. The error regarding preview cache should be fixed by deleting the preview cache, as you did. If the problem is fixed but keeps coming back, then you most likely have some problem on your hard disk, which causes the corruption of the preview cache. You should run diagnostic checks on your harddisk and you probably will need to replace the hard disk if a problem is found. Also, you want to be making regular and automatec backups of your catalog file and all of your photos, these backups being placed on a different hard disk than the original.

• 8. Re: problemi
                        danielecolombo Level 1

Thanks. I do not think LR even attempts to fix the problem, as I get the same error message when launched. Anyway, I'll check the HD as you suggest. Thanks and regards

• 9. Re: problemi
                          dj_paige Level 9

danielecolombo wrote:

Thanks. I do not think LR even attempts to fix the problem, as I get the same error message when launched. Anyway, I'll check the HD as you suggest. Thanks and regards

You have to fix the problem by deleting the preview cache.