2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2016 8:59 AM by vtxr1300

Audio waveform not showing Audio Layer setting

vtxr1300

I'm trying to use the audio waveform plugin in AE for the first time and the Audio Layer setting doesn't appear. 

audio-waveform.gif

Audio plays fine in AE.  Any idea why that's not showing up and how to get it to?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Audio waveform not showing Audio Layer setting
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Is the audio footage compressed, like mp3 or ac3?  Use a different application to convert it to wav or aiff, and use it instead.  AE intermittently has a tough time with compressed audio.  This may be your problem.

• 2. Re: Audio waveform not showing Audio Layer setting
            vtxr1300 Level 1

I figured out what is causing the problem but have no idea why.  I have a text layer with a bunch of psuedo code created at Hacker Typer   If I delete this layer then the Audio Layer property shows up in the plugin.  Also, if I wipe out the text on that layer and replace it with something else like "test" the setting shows up.  It's odd because the audio waveform plugin is on a completely separate layer and I'm not sure why the source text of a different layer would cause that to happen.  Oh well, at least I know what's causing it and can figure out a workaround.