2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2016 8:59 AM by vtxr1300

Audio waveform not showing Audio Layer setting

vtxr1300 Level 1

I'm trying to use the audio waveform plugin in AE for the first time and the Audio Layer setting doesn't appear. 

audio-waveform.gif

Audio plays fine in AE.  Any idea why that's not showing up and how to get it to?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Audio waveform not showing Audio Layer setting
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Is the audio footage compressed, like mp3 or ac3?  Use a different application to convert it to wav or aiff, and use it instead.  AE intermittently has a tough time with compressed audio.  This may be your problem.

• 2. Re: Audio waveform not showing Audio Layer setting
            vtxr1300 Level 1

I figured out what is causing the problem but have no idea why.  I have a text layer with a bunch of psuedo code created at Hacker Typer   If I delete this layer then the Audio Layer property shows up in the plugin.  Also, if I wipe out the text on that layer and replace it with something else like "test" the setting shows up.  It's odd because the audio waveform plugin is on a completely separate layer and I'm not sure why the source text of a different layer would cause that to happen.  Oh well, at least I know what's causing it and can figure out a workaround.