3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2016 8:08 PM by JimHess

My Lightroom 5 (non-CC) disappeared when I upgraded CC

LinDesigner

I have been using my non-CC purchased version of Lightroom 5 alongside my Adobe Creative Cloud applications with no issue until I upgraded CC today. After the upgrade, I was forced to upgrade from my Adobe Photoshop 2015 to 2015.5 because the previous version had been removed from my Macbook. Although I understand upgrading to the new version when it's available, the timing should be my choice - I was unable to work until the upgrade had completed.

Then, when I tried to load Lightroom 5, I found it had been deleted from my computer, too. This wasn't a CC application. This I don't understand.

Can anyone shed some light on why this occurred and what my recourse is? Will I be able to install it and run it alongside the CC apps, like I did before this forced upgrade?

• 1. Re: My Lightroom 5 (non-CC) disappeared when I upgraded CC
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That doesn't sound right. To my knowledge, there is no interaction between the CC programs and Lightroom 5 that would remove the older program. Are you certain that it isn't in your applications folder? I know I'm not much help, but I'm a Windows user and have no experience using the Mac.

• 2. Re: My Lightroom 5 (non-CC) disappeared when I upgraded CC
            LinDesigner Level 1

Thanks for responding, Jim. I know... that doesn't sound right but that's exactly what happened. I searched my applications folder - and my file system - it was gone.

I hunted down my install disks and re-installed Lightroom 5, then upgraded to the latest version (or should I say last version - it's no longer being updated.) So far, so good.

I have previous versions of CS on that computer (CS6, CS5) that I keep around just in case CC has a spasm and won't allow me to load the apps (which I am glad for now given the spur-of-the-moment forced upgrade. If I was on a deadline and couldn't wait for the LOOOONG upgrade process to complete, I would have had to use one of the previous versions to get my work done). The previous CS versions were unaffected by the CC upgrade - they're still there. I checked my account and noted that I had registered them, but my Lightroom registration wasn't in there. I probably forgot at the time of purchase. (I've registered my serial number now. Hopefully, that keeps this from happening again).

If that was the cause, then that's a really bad policy. I'm a paid owner of that software, I have the invoice to prove it. I would have been really ticked off if I couldn't find my install disks and was left Lightroom-less.

Hmmm, was that the plan... to force me to pay for another subscription for Lightroom CC?

• 3. Re: My Lightroom 5 (non-CC) disappeared when I upgraded CC
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That is a strange one. I wish I had an answer for you but I don't.