https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyjR-6TnksU&feature=youtu.be

Many thanks.

Loc.

• 1. Re: Indesign CC15: numbers glitching
          Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi Loc,

that's a "funny" glitch.
          ( Sorry for that… )

Hm. I can only guess, that the keyboard direction is changing while typing. Or something like that.
          Did you import the text before editing from a Word document? Maybe a special character or a special formatting sneaked in, that is the culprit. What is the language of your insertion point between the brackets? Did you type the brackets in your editing process as well? If not, what was between the brackets before editing?

Regards,
          Uwe

• 2. Re: Indesign CC15: numbers glitching
            Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant
            1. Do you have a Middle East Version installed?
            2. In your Paragraph Style is the World Composer selected? Don't use it unless you write Arabic, Hebrew, Farsi, .
            3. In your Paragraph Style do you have defined some kind of GREP style, like a specific one between parentheses? Delete it.
            • 3. Re: Indesign CC15: numbers glitching
              Abambo Level 4

Does it happen also when typing other characters instead of 230=450?

Does it also happen when pasting 230=450?

I could still imagine some odd grep style...

• 4. Re: Indesign CC15: numbers glitching
                locn27379657 Level 1

Thanks all,

Somehow the Paragraph Style was set the language as 'Arabic'. I just change to English, it works well now

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Indesign CC15: numbers glitching
                  Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

locn27379657 wrote:

Thanks all,

Somehow the Paragraph Style was set the language as 'Arabic'. I just change to English, it works well now

Language setting "Arabic" alone will do no harm, I think. Along could come keyboard direction or character direction set to Right-to-Left (RTL). That can happen, if you import formatted text from a Word docx file that is formatted in italics ( with an accented character as contents perhaps ). At least the language can turn to "Arabic" after import then. I cannot recall, if the keyboard direction or the character direction will change to RTL in that case. Perhaps.

Regards,
                  Uwe

• 6. Re: Indesign CC15: numbers glitching
                    Abambo Level 4

Laubender wrote:

import formatted text from a Word docx file that is formatted in italics ( with an accented character as contents perhaps ). At least the language can turn to "Arabic" after import then.

Strange phenomena - italic and accented characters... At my very beginnings in text processing, I was typing French texts on a IBM PC in Wordstar with an American keyboard and a Epson needle printer. I needed to type { for é and } for è and likes. Fortunately it were electronics and not programming texts I needed to take care of.