9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2016 6:42 AM by Jeff_Coatsworth

Troubleshooting *.isf styles mapping

exteritylaura

Hi all

I've been reading and re-reading the following discussion but I still cannot get my ISF style mapping settings to work when I import FM files.

Using FM13 and RH2015

Re: ISF Export

I've also looked at Peter Grainge's "gotcha" on his website.

The steps I take are as follows:

1. Create blank project in RH

2. Under Project Settings, Import tab, select Browse and select the *.isf file that I exported from a previous project, which contains all the style mappings between FM and RH.

3.  The CSS that I created for that project is also brought in at this point.

4. I do not click Edit under FrameMaker document, as I want to use the mappings in the *.isf file.

5. I click Apply, then OK.

6. I then select Import Framemaker file from the menu and select a single fm file.

7. In the Import dialog, I reselect the *.isf file that I selected before (though I would have expected it to be selected already as I chose it in Project Settings). I get the message "File "xx.css" already exist. Do you want to overwrite?" I click OK.

8 I click Next, then Finish.

Instead of looking like my previous project (the one from which I imported the *.isf), this project looks very similar to the FM file I have just imported.

I also notice in the Styles and Formatting pod that the Framemaker styles have been imported, appended with FM_ .

There is no sign of the styles from the CSS, nor any mapping.

Please can someone help me get the mapping to work, as I am ready for the hills :-)

Thanks

Laura