9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2006 9:19 PM by flash_noobey

how do I find my sounds inside my frames??

flash_noobey
      Hi,
      I have movie clip-buttons that start sound objects. Since I am a noobie, I must have dragged some sounds from the library onto the stage before I understood the linkage thing. So now, some sounds are super imposed, like two same sound playing at the same time, that gives that horrible "bad stereo" effect.
      How can I find exactly where all the instances of a sound are?
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: how do I find my sounds inside my frames??
          Level 7
          "flash_noobey" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:e1qlb1$a7p$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          > I have movie clip-buttons that start sound objects. Since I am a noobie, I
          > must have dragged some sounds from the library onto the stage before I
          > understood the linkage thing. So now, some sounds are super imposed, like two
          > same sound playing at the same time, that gives that horrible "bad stereo"
          > effect.
          > How can I find exactly where all the instances of a sound are?
          > Thanks

Use your 'Movie Explorer'. It will show you where the sounds are. Turn on/off the different icons at the top of the explorer to
          find different types of objects in the file.
          tralfaz

• 2. how do I find my sounds inside my frames??
            flash_noobey Level 1
            Thanks,
            Turns out there aren't any misplaced sounds.
            So here's my problem:
            I have about 20 MC buttons calling 20 different sound objects. They all have the same code and everything, but there are 3 buttons which, when pressed, it sounds like there are 2 or 3 files of the same sound superimposed, playing at a time, giving a terrible flanger effect. I tried deleting the files and reimporting under another name, renaming the linkages, etc, but no change.
            Does anyone know where this could come from?
            • 3. Re: how do I find my sounds inside my frames??
              Level 7
              "flash_noobey" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:e1s9va$8o4$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Thanks,
              > Turns out there aren't any misplaced sounds.
              > So here's my problem:
              > I have about 20 MC buttons calling 20 different sound objects. They all have
              > the same code and everything, but there are 3 buttons which, when pressed, it
              > sounds like there are 2 or 3 files of the same sound playing at a time, giving
              > a "bad stereo" or flanger effect.
              > Does anyone know where this could come from?

Need a link to the file, otherwise you will get guessing that does no good.
              tralfaz

• 4. Re: how do I find my sounds inside my frames??
                flash_noobey Level 1
                trying to find a space to upload the file.... not easy...
                • 5. Re: how do I find my sounds inside my frames??
                  flash_noobey Level 1
                  Finally found a file host...
                  First a reminder of the problem: I have about 20 MC buttons calling 20 different sound objects. They all have the same code and everything, but there are 3 buttons ( in frame 3, the article in French, the first 3 "play" buttons) which, when pressed, sound like there are 2 or 3 files of the same sound superimposed, playing at a time, giving a terrible flanger effect. I tried deleting the files and reimporting under another name, renaming the linkages, etc, but no change.

So here's the file: http://www.filespoint.com/point/4222194/Mag2.fla.html
                  hope someone will have the time
                  thanks
                  • 6. Re: how do I find my sounds inside my frames??
                    Level 7
                    "flash_noobey" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:e1tdjq$h2v$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    > Finally found a file host...
                    > First a reminder of the problem: I have about 20 MC buttons calling 20
                    > different sound objects. They all have the same code and everything, but there
                    > are 3 buttons ( in frame 3, the article in French, the first 3 "play" buttons)
                    > which, when pressed, sound like there are 2 or 3 files of the same sound
                    > superimposed, playing at a time, giving a terrible flanger effect. I tried
                    > deleting the files and reimporting under another name, renaming the linkages,
                    > etc, but no change.
                    >
                    > So here's the file: http://www.filespoint.com/point/4222194/Mag2.fla.html
                    > hope someone will have the time
                    > thanks

These 3 files have different export settings than the other sound files..
                    Fra 1
                    Fra 2
                    Fra 3
                    Right click on them in the library and change export settings. Change from "default" to MP3, then increase bit rate until the sound
                    is acceptable when you click the test button.
                    tralfaz

• 7. Re: how do I find my sounds inside my frames??
                      flash_noobey Level 1
                      Wow, thanks a lot Tralfaz
                      Hope it didn't take you too long to find out. I was so sure there were several files playing but I was all wrong.
                      Anyway I'm really happy I could solve this.
                      Thanks to all
                      • 8. Re: how do I find my sounds inside my frames??
                        Level 7
                        "flash_noobey" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:e1uphk$561$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                        > Wow, thanks a lot Tralfaz
                        > Hope it didn't take you too long to find out. I was so sure there were several files playing but I was all wrong.
                        > Anyway I'm really happy I could solve this.
                        > Thanks to all

Not long but I was confused for awhile because all the other sound files all you to turn on the checkmark for "Use Imported MP3
                        Quality" but the 3 problem sounds didn't have that option available. It must have something to do with the recorded sample rate or
                        something but all the files are reported to be 44khz 16 bit mp3s. I still don't understand what is different about those 3 files
                        that prevents you from using the imported quality selection. Maybe someone can say what is going on with that.
                        Glad it works now though.
                        tralfaz

• 9. Re: how do I find my sounds inside my frames??
                          flash_noobey Level 1
                          I just figured out why:
                          for these first 3 files I used a SoundForge plugin allowing me to save directly in mp3. After 3 saves, the plugin told me I had to register it... So instead for the other files I saved them in wav and then encoded them with RazorLame. So there the difference between these 3 files and the rest of them... Mystery solved.
                          But thanks again man