8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2016 5:37 PM by JimHess

Nikon D7200 RAW issue after C 1.01 & L 2.015 update

gqphotography

After updating my Nikon D7200 to firmware version C 1.01  & L 2.015 I am unable to download RAW photos to Elements 12. JPEG works OK.

Elements 12 states that nothing imported, The files or folders selected to import did not contain any supported file types or the files are already in this catalog.

The file is damaged or in a format that can not be included in elements organizer 

• 1. Re: Nikon D7200 RAW issue after C 1.01 & L 2.015 update
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The D7200 requires ACR 9.0 plug-in which was the last update for PSE13 and what PSE14 shipped with.  PSE12 has never been able to import raw images from a D7200 regardless of firmware, right?   Is PSE12 a typo and you really have PSE13 or PSE14?

If you like you can upload a sample NEF to somewhere like dropbox.com then post a public share link, here, someone can take a look to make sure it doesn’t work in even the most current versions of Adobe software.   If not then maybe Adobe has something to work on before the next software release and it would be helpful to have the file to test with.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Nikon D7200 RAW issue after C 1.01 & L 2.015 update
            gqphotography Level 1

ACP

Not sure where you get your info from as it is totally incorrect!!! I started with a Nikon D90 & PSE 10  about 6 or 7 years ago. I always shot in RAW using PSE 10 back then with no problems. Then in 2013, I purchased a D7100 & found that RAW did not work with this camera. I then purchased PSE 12 & RAW worked fine with both D90 & D7100. I sold the D90 & replaced it with a D7200. Both the D7100 & D7200 RAW worked in PSE 12. A couple of days ago I updated the firmware on both the D7100 & D7200. RAW still works fine with the D7100, but not the D7200.

Back to my original question/statement that the D7200 in RAW no longer works in PSE 12 after firmware update in the D7200. I would like to know if the camera can be flashed back or better yet if PSE 12 can be updated to work again with updated  D7200.

PS

No typos were made or injured in the making of this statement☺

• 3. Re: Nikon D7200 RAW issue after C 1.01 & L 2.015 update

My info is from Adobe so maybe it is wrong:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

My suggestion about uploading a sample file, and perhaps one before the firmware update, remains, as something that would help Adobe if the firmware update has caused the files to become unrecognizable.

• 4. Re: Nikon D7200 RAW issue after C 1.01 & L 2.015 update
                gqphotography Level 1

The information you received from Adobe is correct, your interpretation of what they said is incorrect. The statement that "PSE12 has never been able to import raw images from a D7200 regardless of firmware,"  is not correct. by your own information from Adobe which states that RAW 8.5 works with PSE 12. When I upgraded my D7200 the firmware updated to 9.0 which explains why it did not work after update. Nikon advised that I could not back up original firmware, and contact Adobe for update. No updates available for PSE 12.   I downloaded trial version of PSE 14 which works with RAW 9.0 according to  info from Adobe & your own chart above. Now all is fine again now that I have PSE 14.  So to all that have PSE 12 &  Nikon D7200 with firmware C 1.00 do not update to C1.01 or PSE 12 will no longer work with RAW   

• 5. Re: Nikon D7200 RAW issue after C 1.01 & L 2.015 update

So you mean that the previous firmware worked with ACR 8.5 but ACR 9.0 is needed for the new firmware?  And my mistake was saying "never".

• 6. Re: Nikon D7200 RAW issue after C 1.01 & L 2.015 update
                    gqphotography Level 1

NO!! PSE 12 works with ACR 8.5, (firmware) (C1.00) but if D7200 is updated with 9.0 ( C1.01) (firmware) then PSE 12 does not recognize the updated RAW firmware, just like the chart above shows. The dead horse has been whipped enough!!

• 7. Re: Nikon D7200 RAW issue after C 1.01 & L 2.015 update

8.5 and 9.0 are Adobe Camera Raw plug-in versions, not Nikon firmware versions.  That is my confusion with what you’re saying.  Are you using the term “firmware” to mean “Adobe plug-in” as well as camera-software (which is what I consider firmware to be)?

• 8. Re: Nikon D7200 RAW issue after C 1.01 & L 2.015 update
                        JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

According to the charts that you posted, camera raw 9.0 was the last version that was compatible with Elements 13. So the OP needs to clarify what is meant by firmware update.