2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2006 8:08 PM by Newsgroup_User

Sound & animation synchronized.

crystal_twister
      Hi, I'd like to know if anyone could point me towards a tutorial that allows me to synchronize music with animation.

A short time ago when surfing around for some cool things to do in flash I came accross a tutorial that had an image of a speaker in it. The speaker was tweened to enlarge in size and then decrease back to normal size.
      However the cool part about this tutorial was that the author showed a way in which the beat of the mp3 track was used to call up the animation. Therefore every time the beat was heard the speaker would bounce in/out in time with it, but, when the beat dissappeared in the track the speaker would sit still.

I've been searching for some time now but i'm still unable to find any information about this effect. I'd be very grateful for any info on this. Many thanks.
        • 1. Re: Sound & animation synchronized.
          Pillowfighter
          sounds like a cool tutorial, haven't seen it though.

I think to synchronise the sound, what i do, is bring up the properties panel for the frame in which you wish to put the start of the sound, then where it says event, change that to stream.

hope thats wat u wanted
          • 2. Re: Sound & animation synchronized.
            Level 7
            "crystal twister" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:e247ch$2dt$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hi, I'd like to know if anyone could point me towards a tutorial that allows me
            > to synchronize music with animation.
            >
            > A short time ago when surfing around for some cool things to do in flash I
            > came accross a tutorial that had an image of a speaker in it. The speaker was
            > tweened to enlarge in size and then decrease back to normal size.
            > However the cool part about this tutorial was that the author showed a
            > way in which the beat of the mp3 track was used to call up the animation.
            > Therefore every time the beat was heard the speaker would bounce in/out in time
            > with it, but, when the beat dissappeared in the track the speaker would sit
            > still.

Because Flash can't read audio amplitude directly you must pre-process your audio to extract the amplitude (and audio spectrum data
            if you want it) in another application. There are different programs that do that. The one that I use is Swift MP3 from
            http://www.swift-tools.net/ The trial version lets you do the first 30 seconds of an audio track. The output swf contains the mp3
            and a track of spectrum amplitude data. You can load and use the swf as it is or extract the spectrum data from the swf.
            tralfaz