2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 9:26 AM by Sue Garibaldi

Importing, editing and exporting a pdf

christopherr74049290

Can someone please help me learn how to import a pdf from my office and then get it into Sketch (I presume) so I can mark it up and then send it back in pdf format in an email to my office.  I am an architect with Sketch on IPad Pro and have the sketch pencil working.  The issue is importing, marking, and exporting the pdf.   Thank you.

• 1. Re: Importing, editing and exporting a pdf
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi Christopher,

Please refer Photoshop Help | Adobe Photoshop Sketch FAQ

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

• 2. Re: Importing, editing and exporting a pdf
            Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Christopher,

You can bring a PDF into Sketch as a Photo Layer from the Creative Cloud Files folder (drag the PDF to the folder on your desktop) and then mark it up on a Draw Layer. Here's how to do that:

1. When you open a new Sketch artboard, you'll see a Draw Layer opposite the toolset.

2. Tap the + just above it to open a pop-up menu with the choices Drawing Layer and Image Layer.

3. Tap Image Layer

4. From the menu that opens, choose My CC Files.

5. Once you get the PDF into the app, tap-hold-and-drag the Draw Layer above it to make notes.

One thing: You can't export it from the app as a PDF (that function isn't yet available in the app) so you'd have to SendToDesktop from the app to save it as a PDF. (I don't know whether you're using the Creative Cloud versions of our desktop apps.)

Let me know if you have trouble.

Sue.

1 person found this helpful