1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 6:50 AM by Roei Tzoref

After Effects Doesn't Start in Windows

marinaf58898870

Hi everybody!

Working on windows in a proyect with premiere and after effects, today, i dont know why, just After Effects doesnt start up.AE Crash.png

This is the info what i get when i try to open the software, it doesnt matter if i open it from a proyect or just the software.

The info is: AE Stopped working, software stopped working correctly by a problem, windows will close the softwware and will notify if there is any solution.

Of course windows will never notify myself.

I have tried:

Restart the preferences by clicking ctrl + shift + alt when starting the software and doesn't work. (when i start up the software i could see that i have my workspaces yet there, maybe I am doing something wrong?)

Restarted the PC

Reinstalled the software.

Delete some plugins, just in case, but there is no sense deleting them....

Solved: I just deleted preferences file by hand in \Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\[version]

• 1. Re: After Effects Doesn't Start in Windows
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
          Restart the preferences by clicking ctrl + shift + alt when starting the software and doesn't work. (when i start up the software i could see that i have my workspaces yet there, maybe I am doing something wrong?)

you are supposed to get a window that will ask you to reset your preferences and click O.K it seems you have not reset your preferences. deleting the preferences file will do the same thing.

you need to press ctrl+alt+shift immediately after you launch the app.  next time