2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 7:02 AM by gabriel13anderson

Workflow from Scripted Storyboard to Slideshow

gabriel13anderson Level 1

I'm new to InDesign and wondering the best way to move from Storyboard to different Exports like a slideshow and short video. My storyboard consists of landscape pages with the actual 4x3 slides in the center of the page. Notes like chapter name, script, and description are on the perimeter of the slide. I'm beginning to build out the slides with Graphic Elements(placed from Illustrator) and Text(Styles from InDesign). When i view in presentation mode I can test the flow slide to slide.

I'd like to export a Powerpoint/PDF containing only the slide portions of the storyboard for my client to easily click through the slides during a presentation without any of the extra info showing.

Do I need to make a separate InDesign file with the pages scaled to the 4x3 slide portion of each page? Not sure the best workflow for this project type. I'd like to keep all my graphic elements from AI linked so i can edit them and have them update across the presentation. I also want to use the text engine of InDesign. I attached what my file currently looks like.

Any suggestions/references are welcomed! Thanks!Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 9.03.06 PM.png

• 1. Re: Workflow from Scripted Storyboard to Slideshow
          Laubender Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi Gabriel,

Solution 1:
          Export the slides to PNG with high resolution.
          Select all you want to export and export to PNG with 600 ppi or even 1200 ppi.
          Do this for every slide.

Place the PNGs in PowerPoint. => Send the PowerPoint file to your client.

Solution 2:

Export all pages to PDF.

With Acrobat Pro crop all the pages.
          If the position of the slides on the pages is the same, this can be done in one go.

=> Send the cropped PDF to your client.

Or: open the cropped PDF with PhotoShop and render all PDF pages to PNG.

Solution 3:
          Do a new InDesign document where the page size is exactly the size of your slides.
          Place the InDesign pages of your storyboard that holds the annotations. Crop and position them exactly on the pages.
          If you have to do this again, because you had to do some changes to the slides you can simply update the placed InDesign documents.

Export the document to PDF. => Send the PDF to your client.

Or: Export the document to PNG. Place the PNGs in PowerPoint. => Send the PowerPoint file to your client.

Or: Export to PDF, open the PDF with PhotoShop and render all PDF pages to PNG.

Do some tests with all the solutions and decide what's best with quality and client expectation.
          Placing PDFs to PowerPoint is no good idea.

Regards,
          Uwe

• 2. Re: Workflow from Scripted Storyboard to Slideshow
            gabriel13anderson Level 1

Thanks for the thorough reply!! I'll keep building out my slides in

storyboard format and try one of your solutions when the time comes.

Thanks!