8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 2:23 AM by georgianap71469998

error with the script

georgianap71469998

Hy, could anyone please help me solving my problem.

I'm moving pdf's in other pdf files, and the script of the first page has an big error.

Please help me.

Thanks.

[Moved from the non-support, general, all-of-Adobe forums Lounge to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

• 1. Re: error with the script
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

By "script" do you mean text or code (like JavaScript)? And what kind of "big error"? Also, what application are you using? What command? etc. We can't help you with so little information.

• 2. Re: error with the script
            georgianap71469998 Level 1

Hi try67

i'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro 11

Pdf Version: 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x)

I need to insert the below pdf file (view below) into a second pdf file.

While i'm inserting it in the other file.

File_Approved.JPG

Something wents wrong, because the text is not anymore the same.

The numbers are missing and there are a lot of boxes.

File_inserted in the Collection.JPG

I've tried to print the pdf again as "pdf file" but it doesn't works, i really do not have any idea how i can solve this problem.

I'm hopeless already, because i need to prepare more than 50 books and every document which i'm using gets those boxes

Thank you for your support.

• 3. Re: error with the script

OK, that's more clear. It looks like an issue with the fonts encoding in your files.

Would it be possible for you to share two of these files with us (via Dropbox, Google Drive, or something like that)?

• 4. Re: error with the script

Hi try67,

unfortunately due to our company policy i'm not able to share by dropbox or google drive.

I can send you them by "www.wetransfer.com", please download the file from the below link:

https://we.tl/7nfcjvXvlb

Try to compile the "approved" file into the "index" file.

Please notice that I've more than 500 documents, with the same problem.

Thank you

• 5. Re: error with the script

I see what you mean, and it's very strange, especially since these files were created using the PDFMaker plugin from Excel.

Maybe it's because some of the fonts are not fully embedded... Do you have access to the source files used to create these PDFs? If so, try creating them again, this time with full fonts embedding.

• 6. Re: error with the script

Hi try67,

i've have the source files in word file (i'm generating them for our clients, but i'm sending the files with the coverpages as pdf files) and I receive approved pdf files, but the thing is, that i need the approved pdf files (which we receive from our client), and not the source files.

• 7. Re: error with the script

Do you mean the files with the comments? You can export the comments and

then import them into the new files.

One other thing you can try is to "re-fry" the files, ie print them to the

Adobe PDF printer, which will generate new versions that hopefully will not

have this issue.

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 11:18 AM, georgianap71469998 <

• 8. Re: error with the script

Yes, i need the approved ones with the approval stamp from the client to include them into the books.

Printing the files with ADOBE PDF Printer is not an solution, the same problem appears