3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2016 12:09 PM by CCFAmedia

Adobe Draw and Google Drive IMPORT

dpgruitt

Hi,

Im having trouble with Adobe Draw on ipad pro.

I have my entire collection of works on my drive, nearly 100gb and I need to be able to import sketches etc from drive into adobe draw to use as ref.

At the moment when i go to add image layer I only get the option to import from the ipad (useless) and adobe cloud, again useless.

Is it possible to import from drive into draw?

Thanks

• 2. Re: Adobe Draw and Google Drive IMPORT
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi DP,

It's not currently possible to bring files in from Google Drive. We get this feature request frequently though (also for Dropbox and iCloud) and I know the drawing teams are discussing additional file sources for the apps... I'm just not quite sure when they might make it into the app.

I don't know whether it helps, but you can export to Google Drive.

Wish I had more information for you. I'll definitely pass your comments along to the team.

Sue.

1 person found this helpful
          • 3. Re: Adobe Draw and Google Drive IMPORT
            CCFAmedia

Every time I think I should try out the Adobe Mobile apps again, I hit against something bone headed like this.

Seriously, Adobe only allow importing from the device and from your proprietary cloud service?

I was all ready to try the tools again and I have to do some baloney workaround because Adobe wants me to use their cloud share. Well what about stuff non adobe users provide to me to work on? I get design fodder from clients in Google Drive and Dropbox, not Adobe Cloud Whatever.  Paying 50 dollars a month to have more restrictions than I have with $6 dollar apps I bought YEARS ago is not my idea of serving your customers. It seems more like Adobe is desperate to have us use it's cloud service which I have no compelling reason to use besides Libraries.

It's decisions like this that make me strive to find any app that can make me less dependent on Adobe.