14 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2017 10:35 AM by EvilBugQueen1

10 free stock images?

lambchop11

When I bought Creative Cloud, about a month ago, the screen said that I would get 10 free stock images from Adobe stock. After installing it, I got a pop up window that said the same.

I went to figure out how to redeem these today and signed in with CC and went to Adobe Stock. It wanted a credit card number to charge them to, either $9.99 each or a monthly plan. I went on the forums and all I could find was that I needed to sign in with a team ID, which I don't have, I purchased a personal plan.

I called support and after 20 minutes, including spelling my email four times only to be told I "hadn't purchased a stock plan" I was transferred to Creative Cloud support who told me I had to pay for a monthly plan then it would be credited back to my debit card. I said ok and as I was hanging up she added "but you have to subscribe for a year."

So am I missing something, or is this just a misleading way to get customers to buy annual subscriptions?

• 1. Re: 10 free stock images?
          KanikaS Adobe Employee

Hi,

Please refer the thread below for better understanding:

How do you actually 'claim' the free 10 images that they advertise?

For any more doubt's kindly Contact Customer Care

**Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link above**

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 10 free stock images?
            lambchop11 Level 1

Yes I read that but as I mentioned I don't have a team account, I have a personal account. Yet it was on the screen (10 free images from Adobe Stock) before I bought Creative Cloud, and when I installed got another pop up saying the same.

Also as mentioned above, I contacted customer care and was told essentially that there is no offer and I would need to buy an annual subscription at $29 per month. That's not free.

$9.99 for an image is not going to kill me. Just wondering if I am missing something on how to redeem these, or if free images actually means a $348 annual subscription and a whole lot of time wasted on a goose chase in the middle of my work day.

• 3. Re: 10 free stock images?
              KanikaS Adobe Employee

With the CC for teams offer, no purchase is required - Royalty free images, photos, and graphics | Adobe Stock

Since you have an individual subscription, stock free images will not be free.

You will have to purchase a subscription.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: 10 free stock images?
                Beverley Gray Adobe Employee

Hi there

If you sign up for the Stock 10 images/month plan you will get the first month free and can cancel risk free within the first month if you do not wish to continue with the subscription.

You can read the full offer terms when you click the 'Start Now' button on the Stock page - Royalty free images, photos, and graphics | Adobe Stock

Thanks

Bev

• 6. Re: 10 free stock images?
                  dmchappell Level 1

Please confirm if I am understanding this correct... If I go on and sign up for the annual plan then I can log in, get 10 FREE stock images, download images w/license, cancel in the first 30 days, and I will NOT be charged for anything but still have complete standard use license for the 10 images I downloaded forever (or until I meet the standard license terms)? Or, does the standard license for these 10 items go away once I cancel?

• 7. Re: 10 free stock images?

Hi dmchappell

Your understanding is correct.  Once you have licensed as asset, the license is permanent.  You can use the assets you have licensed regardless of your membership status.

Thanks

Bev

2 people found this helpful
                    • 8. Re: 10 free stock images?
                      guillaumel44896699 Level 1

Dear Beverley,

I already have a creative cloud subscription and a few weeks ago I received an offer to get 10 FREE Adobe Stock images (and the promotional is still being advertised - see the attached image). It was a promotional offer in the form of a trial period and it was not supposed to lead to a full yearly membership if you cancelled the plan within a month. Today I tried to cancel the trial period only to find out that it wasn't possible unless I paid 50% of price of the remaining yearly subscription (which is about £131). I do feel that I've been conned into paying for something that I never intended to buy in the first place. These practises (false advertising) are truly shocking. Please, tell how I can cancel that membership without paying £131.

Many thanks for your help.

advert.png

• 9. Re: 10 free stock images?
                        EvilBugQueen1 Adobe Employee

Hi GL,

Our records indicate that you already took advantage of this offer last year and that you cancelled within the trial period. You are only allowed to take advantage of this offer once.

EBQ

• 10. Re: 10 free stock images?

I took advantage of a first promotional offer last year (in 2016) but I received a new promotional offer this year (2017). These were two DISTINCT offers. If I wasn't entitled to a second promotional offer, why send it to me in the first place? I maintain that I've been the victim of false advertising. I want you to cancel that membership free of charge ASAP.

Many thanks

• 11. Re: 10 free stock images?

I took advantage of a first promotional offer last year (in 2016) but I received a new promotional offer this year (2017). These were two distinct offers. If I wasn't entitled to a second promotional offer, why send it to me in the first place? I maintain that I've been the victim of false advertising. I want you to cancel that membership free of charge ASAP.

Many thanks

(P.S: I keep receiving the same promotional offer – see the attached screen capture. You can keep it and add it to your bank of images under the false advertising category)advert.png

• 12. Re: 10 free stock images?

Sorry for the confusion caused.  I'll arrange for your Stock plan to be cancelled without fee.

Kind regards

Bev

• 13. Re: 10 free stock images?

Dear Beverley,

Thank you for cancelling the membership – this is very much appreciated.

I do think it would help if your marketing services provided more detailed/accurate information about some of the promotional offers they advertise. I’ve done some research on your forum and I’m not the only customer who’s been left confused by the “Get 10 free adobe stock images” offer. It is a shame to cause unnecessary confusion and stress to your customers when your company usually offers such amazing products and services.  

Best wishes

Guillaume

• 14. Re: 10 free stock images?
                                  EvilBugQueen1 Adobe Employee

Hi Guillaume,

We appreciate your feedback and are looking into a solution for this.

EBQ