2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2006 12:12 PM by senocular

Inprecise colour picker

katwek
      I have a spanish version of Fireworks 8 and if I'm not mistaken there's a bug which prevents the colour picker to copy colours! As you might imagine this is hugely disturbing, as i can't do any precise work at the moment: for example, picking a colour I would like to repeat from an image, the output is completely different tot the original. This has never happened to me in any previous Fireworks versions... Is it a bug, or is it me? I tried to find a solution in the general preferences panel, but no luck here. Help!
        • 1. Re: Inprecise colour picker
          Level 7
          katwek wrote:
          > I have a spanish version of Fireworks 8 and if I'm not mistaken there's a bug
          > which prevents the colour picker to copy colours! As you might imagine this is
          > hugely disturbing, as i can't do any precise work at the moment: for example,
          > picking a colour I would like to repeat from an image, the output is completely
          > different tot the original. This has never happened to me in any previous
          > Fireworks versions... Is it a bug, or is it me? I tried to find a solution in
          > the general preferences panel, but no luck here. Help!

Open the menu of one of the swatches palettes and uncheck Snap to Websafe.

--
          Linda Rathgeber ACE ::: PVII
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Adobe Community Expert - Fireworks
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
          • 2. Re: Inprecise colour picker
            senocular
            Also, with the color picker selected, make sure the Property inspector shows the sample setting at 1 pixel and not 3X3 or 5X5