2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 5:39 AM by Roei Tzoref

Animating lips

D.U.I.

I thought that if you imported audio as a wav file you can scrub over and hear the audio so you can lip syn it. Someone tell me what I need to do if I want to lip sync the audio but I cannot hear the audio to sync it to ??

• 1. Re: Animating lips
          Rich Hinchcliffe Level 1

I don't think you've ever been able to scrub audio in After Effects, just preview it with RAM previews etc.

I've not needed to do much lip syncing, but when I do I just preview the track over and over and add and add layer markers where I need to change the mouth shape. It's often easier than it sounds if you look at the wave form (double tap L on the keyboard when the layer's selected) so you can see the voice rather than listening to it all the time.

There's probably a much more sophisticated way of doing it than that but for the short sections I've needed to do, that's worked perfectly.

• 2. Re: Animating lips
            Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
            I thought that if you imported audio as a wav file you can scrub over and hear the audio so you can lip syn it.

you can scrub audio by moving the CTI and pressing Ctrl/Cmd as you do it.

I cannot hear the audio to sync it to ??

can you hear the audio at all as you preview? make sure the audio switch is turned on. press LL to show your waveform and see that Ae is getting audio information from the layer

more information here

Preview without rendering in After Effects