Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User-submitted web app

Contributor ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I need to create a user-submitted webApp where someone types a testimonial in a web form, then when the form is submited an email is sent to an admin user who then approves the testimonial by clicking "enable" in the webapp item which then displays the testimonial on the website. I know that you can do this "out of the box" in business catalyst but is it necessary for the form to be in a secure zone as I'd like the form to be on a non-secure page if possible?

Would really appreciate any advice.

TOPICS
Developer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

User has to be logged in to submit web app items.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

User has to be logged in to submit web app items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for confirming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 04, 2016 Sep 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

Can you let me know a workaround for this? Would I need to create the form using javascript instead and if yes, is there a way for it to be linked to the webapp somehow so that a workflow notification is triggered and then the admin user can enable the webapp item?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gwhPoster,

A workaround would be to anonymously log the end user in so they can create a web app testimonial.

Depending on if you have securezones or not on this website, you could silently create a username and password for the user based off their email address. I'll jot down some notes.

1. Create an account: Ask for Fullname and Email Address at the absolute very least.
  2. If you can, create a username and password based off these details. If you need more security, as for password at least in step 1.
  3. Display the Testimonials Web App input fields. Once created and logged in, you can display the web app input fields to create the web app item, which has been set to email an approval workflow to admin.

Depending on your skill as a developer, and using BC, you can make steps 1-3 all appear super seamless.
Here's an example where I've done a very similar process - we had budget to add bells and whistles: Lodge a Complaint

Fundamental key point here, as Liam has stated: User has to be logged in to fill out a web app input form.

Hope these notes help with some insights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great - thanks so much Stephen for the helpful information. I'll see if I can implement it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines