5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2016 5:43 AM by Steve Grisetti

PE14 faults at 98% Encoding as Compile Starts

amil78404646

Premier Elements 14 successfully processes other projects through the Encoding and Compiling process and on to burn to a DVD on other project files but crashes on one particular file every time.  It did successfully encode and compile and create an ISO file.  But I can't seem to take that ISO file and figure out a way to play it or use it to create another DVD that will play in a DVD player.  (They do work on PC - so it would seem the compile worked)

As the task bar reaches 98% during encoding and then indicates in the progress text description that compiling is starting, the program faults.

I've read and tried to apply changes based on other threads but the problem still occurs.  Does the error log information below lead anyone to a specific issue that must exist with this project file that leads to the crash?  3 Error log examples are shown below.

Running Windows 10 Home on an Core i5 laptop w/ 8 GB Ram, 64 bit.

Looking for help to end the frustration...thanks!

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version: 14.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5666c358

Faulting module name: MSVCR110.dll, version: 11.0.51106.1, time stamp: 0x5098826e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000003c5fd

Faulting process id: 0xac4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d203b5a64febc1

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 14\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dll

Report Id: 151fe96d-d16f-4b59-ac75-170b106dacf7

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version: 14.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5666c358

Faulting module name: MSVCR110.dll, version: 11.0.51106.1, time stamp: 0x5098826e

Faulting process id: 0x1530

Faulting application start time: 0x01d203a19127175c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 14\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Report Id: 17ab966e-e92e-4825-85e9-1017c73a2d19

Faulting process id: 0x1978

Faulting application start time: 0x01d204ca7b2f022e

Report Id: b2026127-55e3-4241-9548-d248d2491925

[Moved from Premiere Pro to Premiere Elements... Mod]

• 1. Re: PE14 faults at 98% Encoding as Compile Starts
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you can output an ISO file but the program isn't able to burn directly to a disc, it means that something is mucking up the interface between the program and your disc drive.

The easiest solution is to just use a program like ImgBurn (a free download) to convert the ISO to a disc file.

I show you how to download ImgBurn and use it to create a DVD from an ISO in my free tutorial at Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com.

*** How to use ImgBurn ***

• 2. Re: PE14 faults at 98% Encoding as Compile Starts
            amil78404646 Level 1

Steve,

Thanks for the information.  I was able to watch your video and followed the instructions for burning a folder to a DVD. Unfortunately, the end result is the same as all other attempts to use the ISO file to create a DVD that will play in my Sony DVD player - it doesn't work.   It does however, play on DVD players on any computer.

We have used PE14 to burn straight to DVD's that do play in my Sony DVD player.  Why this one particular project won't complete the encode/compile process on the way to directly burn is the frustrating mystery.  And why I can't burn the Video_ts folder to a DVD (that my Sony will read) with either Win10 Explorer or ImgBurn is the other side of the frustration coin.

• 3. Re: PE14 faults at 98% Encoding as Compile Starts

If your DVD plays on your computer but not in your DVD player than you've created a successful DVD. The software has all done its job.

Many DVD players and BluRay players simply don't do home-burned discs well. They've gotten better -- but, ironically, Sony brand disc players are most notorious for not being able to play home-burned DVDs.

That said, make sure you're using a good brand-named DVD like Verbatim. Never use Memorex. They have the worst quality control. And, as I say in my tutorial, make sure you Verify the disc with ImgBurn after you burn it.

And, of course, never use DVD-RWs. They can give DVD players all kinds of fits.

• 4. Re: PE14 faults at 98% Encoding as Compile Starts
                amil78404646 Level 1

The core problem to me seems to be in the Premier Elements project itself or one of the transitions, reference files, etc.   We have built other projects that successfully complete the encode/compile process and then successfully burn to a DVD that plays in my Sony player. Is there some common bugs or issues in a PE14 project that are known to cause PE14 to fault?  Is there some thing to do or not do? Things to fix or change in the project that could allow the encode/compile step to reach 100%?

• 5. Re: PE14 faults at 98% Encoding as Compile Starts

Three things commonly cause problems:

1) A Stop Marker at the end of your timeline.

2) A blank spot on the Video 1 track that does not have a video clip on it.

3) Hardware Acceleration enabled for computers using other-than-Intel HD Graphics. To disable, go to the Preferences/General page.

Those are the most common. However, If you've upgraded your computer from an earlier operating system to Windows 10, sometimes the program has trouble interfacing with the disc drive.