6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2016 1:01 AM by Steve AEL

Particular AUX System

Steve AEL

Hi,

I have used Particular Aux system to create a cloth effect following a path using Turbulent Position.

The effect works well except the particles fade out from the first particle towards its point of emission which looks odd.

is there a way to reverse this or make them fade out more smoothly and uniformly over time?

• 1. Re: Particular AUX System
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Can you show us a screenshot of the result you're getting and a screenshot of your aux settings? I'm not quite picturing the problem.

• 2. Re: Particular AUX System
            Steve AEL Level 1

Hi Szalam,

Thanks for replying, i have attached a few Stills from the sequence bellow.

The Particles come in from the bottom left and swoop around to leave top left. They emit from the path and Turbulent position gives the distorted look.

In pic 2 when the particles fade out they fade from the path outwards which leaves a squiggle effect.

I am hoping to find a way for the particles to fade back in towards the path leaving the initial shape of the swoop.

or of a way to have the particles fade off in a smooth manner.

Thanks again for looking

Cheers

Steve

Particle_In.jpgParticle_Out.jpgParticular Aux settings.png

• 3. Re: Particular AUX System
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you animate the Turbulence position you can return the particles to the center of the path. Unfortunately this effects all of the particles at the same time. There is no control available to tie the amount of turbulence to the life of the particle. It's a global control.

BTW, a more effective screenshot would have been to select the particular layer and press the U key twice to reveal all modified properties of the effect. This makes it easier to recreate your settings. Another option would be to save and share an animation preset of the settings so we could easily see what you are doing with the effect.

Screen Shot 2016-09-04 at 3.27.36 AM.png

particularTest.ffx

• 4. Re: Particular AUX System
                Steve AEL Level 1

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your help and advice, I am new to the forum so nit sure of the best way to present issues.

I have attached an image of the particular settings and also the saved preset.

I added the animation of the turbulence which does help make the effect a little smoother, but does as you said effect all the particles simultaneously.

The initial path is created by a null object with a light attached to emit particles from.

I think the lack of ability to keyframe the Aux particle controls is an issue for the effect I would like.

Aux Particle Test.ffx

Screen Shot 2016-09-04 at 13.19.58.png

• 5. Re: Particular AUX System
                  Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I agree that a control like this on for turbulence in the Aux system would be a great addition to the plug-in.

Screen Shot 2016-09-04 at 9.22.56 AM.png

I'd hop over to RedGiant software and put in a feature request using their support form.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Particular AUX System
                    Steve AEL Level 1

Thank you for helping me look into this issue Gerard. I will indeed contact RedGiant to see if they can add greater control on Aux Particles