1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 5:40 PM by Bob Somrak

I have Lightroom for Mac and El Capitan

victoriajourneyzing Level 1

and just imported a bunch of images -- importing as gone fine but the images have these badges on them Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 7.15.34 PM.png and I can't find out what they are and why they are there.  And when I searched here for 'badges' I got all sorts of information but nothing about what they are and why they are there.  I do NOT want to copy over during import - I do NOT want referenced images.  If that's what they signify then I want to stop that from happening and just import into the Library full...I want to deal with images in the Library location and not worry about finding them later.

• 1. Re: I have Lightroom for Mac and El Capitan
          Bob Somrak Level 6

Just hover your mouse over the badge and a popup will tell you what it is.  The one displayed on your screen clip means the photo has keywords.

victoriajourneyzing wrote:

- I do NOT want referenced images. If that's what they signify then I want to stop that from happening and just import into the Library full...I want to deal with images in the Library location and not worry about finding them later.

If you do NOT want referenced images than you better find another program besides Lightroom as the photos are not IN Lightroom but only referenced by the Lightroom catalog.  This is the way it has always worked and I am sure will not change.