1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 12, 2016 12:56 PM by Piotr Ku

WEB GALLERY WILL NOT UPLOAD

MALCOLM GIBSON Level 1

I am trying to upload a web gallery but the operation crashes several seconds after i hit the upload button.

The message I receive is "FTP transfer failed with message ‘connection to the server failed’. I can see in the top left that this crash occurs after the upload is about half way complete.

I have followed the instructions;

I have used the server address identified from my system "192.168.1.5". as explained in Google Chrome - how to find the server address. But, being very computer illiterate, I would not know if this what the FTP File transfer requires. Is the IP address the same as the server address?

I have used the password and username that I use to log into my service provider.

The server path for the gallery has been has been copied from my system.

I have now been trying to solve this for 3 days and am at a dead end trying to discover what I am doing wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas? Part of the problem is my poor grasp and understanding of the computer language that is used within Adobe.

Thanks in advance for your time

• 1. Re: WEB GALLERY WILL NOT UPLOAD
          Piotr Ku Level 1

The address that you provided 192.168.1.5 is probably your computer's address or some computer in your local network, which probably isn't the right address of a remote FTP server.

I think that the easiest solution would be to contact your hosting provider to get the correct FTP connection configuration.