1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2017 1:09 PM by PercyKP

Connecting Kobo

rosaliehg

I am trying to reinstall adobe digital editions in order to correctly authorize my Kobo.

I forgot to have my kobo plugged into my computer (Windows) when I originally installed Adobe digital editions, so now I can download books from the library and download them to the kobo, but once the kobo tries to open the book an error comes up saying we are not authorized.

I have tried to unauthorized and reauthorize he kobo and my computer. But that hasn't worked.

Any suggestions how to do this?

( I tried downloading an older version on Adobe digital additions, but it won't recognize the kobo)

• 1. Re: Connecting Kobo
          PercyKP Level 1

I have a similar problem.   Prior to a recent change in email addresses, I could download books from the local library on to my PC using Adobe Digital Editions and then transfer them to my Kobo Touch.  Due to a relocation, I had to discontinue that previous e-mail; address.  I updated my Kobo Account with the new address and established a new ADE account with the new email address as well. 

I can, again, download books from the library on to my PC using ADE ... but can NOT transfer them to my Kobo. I get this message generated from ADE: "You can only authorize this computer with an Adobe ID that hasn't been previously used to authorize any other computer or mobile device"

Somehow, I need to remove the previous ADE authorization and replace it with the new one.  I can't figure out how to do that.  HELP!