5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 9:22 PM by Brendan D Rowlands

Problem deleting a folder

Brendan D Rowlands

I have no idea what happened but I messed up somewhere.

In the Folders this folder suddenly appeared

96a495ada95b564f3b1dd993458dd370d15eb0e30b9a01a16304aa21aba52b29

The folder has a question mark and and "invalid" where the number of photos should be.

I tried to remove it but I Lightroom would not remove it. I found the folder in "Finder" and sent to trash and emptied the Trash. Now I think I made it worse as what ever I do  Lightroom gives and error message that it needs the source folder.

Any ideas what I can do? It doesn't really affect the catalog but it really bugs me!

Thanks

Brendan

PS - Using an iMac

• 1. Re: Problem deleting a folder
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

First thing I would do is check the drive for errors using the Disk Utility program, First Aid section. See if it find any errors on the drive.

• 2. Re: Problem deleting a folder
            Brendan D Rowlands Level 1

Thanks for you suggestion, I gave it a go and issues were flagged.

Actually this whole issue has come since I moved my photos and catalog  from computer to another. Everything seemed to be OK and this error is not on the source computer lightroom. As I am still setting up I have not made changes in the destination computer so I tried fix this by just copying again the lightroom files (ltcat, lrdata etc) from from the source to the destination computers but the above folder still remains. When I try to"Show Parent Folder"  I get an "error code 19" message

Perhaps I should remove and reinstall lightroom. Do you think that would work?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Problem deleting a folder

Correction: It should read "... no issues were flagged"

• 4. Re: Problem deleting a folder
                Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

If you still have all your image files and the LR catalog file on the original computer I would suggest Deleting everything off the destination (New) computer, including uninstalling LR and getting rid of all LR program files, then reinstall LR and copy over everything from the original again.

You should also check the permissions on your username folder to make sure your username has full Read & Write permissions.

One thing. Are you using the same exact User Name and password on both computers?

• 5. Re: Problem deleting a folder

Thanks, I tried that too but it didn't work either. I got in touch with the Adobe support people and it turned out the catalog file was corrupted! To fix this problem we created an new catalog and imported from the old one. Fixed it! Did take some time though, about 1hr 45 for 18000+ photos. Not sure why we didn't use the back up catalog but they are the experts. Thanks for your help anyway, was a good learning experience, Regards Brendan