4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 7:22 AM by Colin Holgate

In Flash Professional CS5, or CS6

jiříh77626447

Hi,

In Flash Professional CS5, or CS6, I made documents to swf format. What program from Adobe I can convert swf files to avi format, mpg4, or html 5. Thanks for the reply Jirka

• 1. Re: In Flash Professional CS5, or CS6
          Sockratease Level 1

I thought the Adobe Media Encoder would work, but it wont load an swf file! 

So I tried After Effects, and that works fine.  I assume Premiere will also work, but being more of a Special Effects person, I never really got into Premiere and mostly use AE for video work.

Obviously, this wont convert to HTML5, but any video format is no problem.

Hope that helps 

• 3. Re: In Flash Professional CS5, or CS6
            Ussnorway Adobe Community Professional

jiříh77626447 wrote:

Hi,

In Flash Professional CS5, or CS6, I made documents to swf format. What program from Adobe I can convert swf files to avi format, mpg4, or html 5. Thanks for the reply Jirka

not much... swf = Shockwave Flash and this isn't something anyone doing web design will put up with.

if you want software that will talk to older Flash files and bring them over to the internet then you can still use Adobe Edge Animate for now but Adobe has dropped it from their main apps so they can work on Animate instead.

if you only want the end files to work on a local machine (i.e, not the internet) then thats a little better but I'd recommend you start sooner, not later.

1 person found this helpful
            • 4. Re: In Flash Professional CS5, or CS6
              Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

If you do a search for "online swf to video" you'll find a number of converters.

If you have the original FLA you can open it in Adobe Animate, and that can do a very good quality export to video.

If you just want to view the SWF, double click it, there's a very good chance you have Flash Player installed.

Regardless of what Press you may have read, Flash Player is built into Chrome, IE 11, and Edge, and it's still available as a plugin for other browsers. More or less all machines can still view Flash based Internet pages. The user may need to click a button to give permission for the page to use a plugin, but that isn't too hard to do.