2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2016 6:16 PM by CHPPWA1846

AE Nightmare, Composition seems to be invisible in timeline?

lukelogan

Hi folks,

I've just imported a premiere project timeline via direct link, the composition shows up in the media source window but the actual composition doesn't appear in the timeline. I have also tried importing straight into AE from finder instead of directlink and that seems to crash AE. Picture attached in case I'm just being stupid!

Cheers.

Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 16.28.40.png

• 1. Re: AE Nightmare, Composition seems to be invisible in timeline?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First make sure you are running the same and the latest versions of AE and Premiere Pro. Make sure you are trying to import the right sequence. If current and matching versions do not fix the problem or trying to import another sequence doesn't fix the problem please provide a detailed description of your workflow.

• 2. Re: AE Nightmare, Composition seems to be invisible in timeline?
            CHPPWA1846 Level 1

I'm getting a similar issue.

Both Premiere & AE are 2017 versions.

Working in AE I have tried to import a Premiere sequence either by double-clicking to import and selecting the project and then the sequence as well as using the Dynamic Link to import a Premiere sequence. The sequence shows in the Project window and plays fine in the preview window, but it will not show when dragging the sequence into the New Comp icon nor will it work when using New Comp from Selection option - no video will be in the composition timeline.

I have only gotten it to work if importing the entire project into AE, but it won't auto update the sequence if I make changes from Premiere.