Unfortunately not on an iPad. It's a good idea but there's no Adobe mobile app for iOS which can edit InDesign files.
You'd have to travel with a MacBook Air or something like a Microsoft Surface running full Windows 10 to get the workflow you're seeking.
No, there is no version of any of the Creative Cloud desktop apps which are available for iOS or Android devices, including the iPad Pro.
The applications like InDesign CC, Illustrator CC and Photoshop CC are much too large and RAM demanding to run on any tablet or smartphones.
You need a laptop to carry the full desktop versions of these apps for a real work project.
There is an app that have been released that allows editing indesign files within an iPad:
I could see this app in action and it's pretty amazing. You can edit contents, styles, frames…and later get the changes back inside your desktop application.
Or you need a tablet with Windows10
Design Touch for iPad doesn't look very promising: On the App Store only two 1-star review showing. The posters say it doesn't work.
Last update December 2015 which means it wouldn't support current InDesign version.
Last time I spoke to the CEO, it seems his market was more about B2B and not much B2C. That may explain the annotations.
But I will invite him to defend his product here
Unfortunately, some user(s) once faced a bug (that may be due to old iOS, network issue...), quickly add bad post. That's pity!
Some additional notes:
- It can open InDesign layout files till CC 2015 format.
- It is used by lot of customers (8.91 K downloads from AppStore)
- And yep, that 's true, we have more business companies that used it the app. than individual
- Please visit web site "Design Touch" for more info.
- I recommend you to first use an InDesign plug-in (free) to upload your layouts into DropBox or Google Drive, then open them later on your iPad and edit your layouts. Please let me know your comments and send your questions to "firstname.lastname@example.org".