1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 1:38 AM by try67

Quality checking and editing using adobe acrobat 7...need advice/help.

Sheperd710

I work at a tax company and my job has a lot of responsibilities and one of my main responsibilities is to quality check and revise tax forms sent to us by our clients. Sometimes these clients send us forms that have an incomplete zip code, address, incomplete FEIN, no electronic signature, incomplete ssn, and the list goes on and on.

Anyway I have a coworker who is able to revise and quality check 200+ tax forms usually within a work day. I can maybe do this if I skip my one hour lunch and take a bunch of caffeine pills. Guys I'm killing myself trying to keep up with this guy and yes Its important that I do or I might get the axe from our head of department.

Tonight I spent a bunch of time figuring out how to place a text box on the top of each page for an entire pdf document (the amount of pages does not matter, every page gets stamped with my textbox). I figured out how to do this using java script within adobe acrobat 7.

My question to you guys is....do you know of any other java script shortcuts that might help me with my job? I would super duper appreciate any response....my job depends on it.

For reference, this is what I've learned tonight:

// Assume that the text box is the only

// annot on the page

this.syncAnnotScan();

var annt = this.getAnnots(this.pageNum)[0];

var props = annt.getProps();

for(var i=0;i < this.numPages;i++){

props.page = i;

if(i != this.pageNum)

this.addAnnot(props);

}

• 1. Re: Quality checking and editing using adobe acrobat 7...need advice/help.
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

First of all, your version is very (very) old, so you might encounter all kinds of strange problems with it, assuming you're not on a Windows XP computer...

To be able to help you we need to know how the forms are being filled-in. Are the users using form fields? Are the using the Add Text commenting tool to write on the page? Are they printing the form out, filling it in by hand and then scanning it back and and send it to you as an image? If it's not form fields then it would be very difficult to help you out, I'm afraid.