2 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2006 11:27 AM by Newsgroup_User

I thought vestors were smooth?

worldly1 Level 1
      A little new to FW, and can not find the answer to this basic observation. When I import AI paths or use any of FW native vector tools, angled lines and curves are very jaggy and pixelated. I've played with adjusting the stroke type and anti aliasing but they're still jaggy. I'm used to dealing with vectors as perfectly smooth no matter the magnification. Is there a setting that needs ajustment. What am I missing? Any help much appreciated. Best regards, Scott
        • 1. Re: I thought vestors were smooth?
          Level 7
          On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:10:42 +0400, worldly1
          <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

> A little new to FW, and can not find the answer to this basic
          > observation. When
          > I import AI paths or use any of FW native vector tools, angled lines and
          > curves
          > are very jaggy and pixelated. I've played with adjusting the stroke
          > type and
          > anti aliasing but they're still jaggy. I'm used to dealing with vectors
          > as
          > perfectly smooth no matter the magnification. Is there a setting that
          > needs
          > ajustment. What am I missing? Any help much appreciated. Best regards,
          > Scott
          >

Probably you are trying to see FW images at zoom larger than 100%, or do
          something like this. FW uses vectors as "internal tools", and is supposed
          to generate bitmap "as a result" on export. That's why FW shows correct
          bitmap preview, not idealized vectors. It shows what you get as a result,
          not what is used internally for vector processing in FW.

--
          Ilya Razmanov
          http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters
          • 2. Re: I thought vestors were smooth?
            Level 7
            Make sure the stroke is not a "hard" stroke. Make sure it is "soft" or
            "rounded". Hard stroked, best for boxes with clean edeges, looks jaggedy on
            all curves and angled lines.

Doug
            Bonfx.com

On 4/17/06 1:32 AM, in article op.s740cdsw6e3g07@toadie, "Ilya Razmanov"
            <ilyich@ioc.ac.ru> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:10:42 +0400, worldly1
            > <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:
            >
            >> A little new to FW, and can not find the answer to this basic
            >> observation. When
            >> I import AI paths or use any of FW native vector tools, angled lines and
            >> curves
            >> are very jaggy and pixelated. I've played with adjusting the stroke
            >> type and
            >> anti aliasing but they're still jaggy. I'm used to dealing with vectors
            >> as
            >> perfectly smooth no matter the magnification. Is there a setting that
            >> needs
            >> ajustment. What am I missing? Any help much appreciated. Best regards,
            >> Scott
            >>
            >
            > Probably you are trying to see FW images at zoom larger than 100%, or do
            > something like this. FW uses vectors as "internal tools", and is supposed
            > to generate bitmap "as a result" on export. That's why FW shows correct
            > bitmap preview, not idealized vectors. It shows what you get as a result,
            > not what is used internally for vector processing in FW.