6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2016 2:15 PM by Geoff the kiwi

LR not syncing with iPhone to down load photos nightmare

LuluGypsy

Yesterday I spent the entire day being passed between adobe and apple. My iPhone is not syncing the photos int LR it shows the images and starts to upload them but then the import folder is empty! I 1st spoke to apple who told me it was an adobe problem. So the 1st guy I spoke to at adobe screan shared with me. He imported into image capture but them could not find the images to then transfer into LR. This was a painstaking 1 hour 45 minute call with someone in india. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he hung up on me.The 2nd guy i spoke to got no where either at adobe. The 3rd person i spoke to told me it was an apple problem to call back apple. I called apple lady was very nice screen shared with me tried to get me to open LR using default setting and now my entire LR catalog is showing up as empty they said its LR problem. I've lost an entire day I'm so upset what to do now. the nz contact support number can never be reached on 8008336687 and the other number I call for adobe is in india I'm so worried 0800485948 might be a wrong number can someone please confirm I am calling the correct number please from NZ for adobe help?

Thank you Michelle

• 1. Re: LR not syncing with iPhone to down load photos nightmare
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi LuluGypsy,

When you connect iPhone on your computer, it should open the iPhoto Or Photos App by default and start copying the images within the app.

So in order to edit Or import the image in Lightroom you need have all the images copied to a specific folder on the Finder location such as Desktop folder, Picture folder. (Lightroom unable to see the images till the time you have all the images stored in a specific application like iPhotos, Photos app & Aperture Library, you can export the images out from these application and save it on a specific location on your computer)

Once you have all the images copied to that folder, then you can open Lightroom Go to import and browse the folder on the source location. Then Lightroom show you all the images on the import window and you can add the image to the Lightroom software for the further editing.

Regards,

Mohit

• 2. Re: LR not syncing with iPhone to down load photos nightmare
            LuluGypsy Level 1

Thank you for the help Mohit, I've had no luck again today with 2 hour tech support. it used to work as you suggest bu it does not work any more. we ended up transferring the files onto my desk top then into LR but now I have a serious problem finding my pictures and reserving my pictures. its an awful situation to be in. they have told me to go back to apple after importing images from my canon camera with success. Im confused as to why I can not now save an image back into the original date on LR, it says it is saved in LR on my external HD but it does not show and can not be found. I'm so frustrated i could scream! Ahhhhh

• 3. Re: LR not syncing with iPhone to down load photos nightmare
              Geoff the kiwi Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Michelle, where are you based???

I'm near Wellington

• 4. Re: LR not syncing with iPhone to down load photos nightmare

Mohit Goyal wrote:

Hi LuluGypsy,

When you connect iPhone on your computer, it should open the iPhoto Or Photos App by default and start copying the images within the app.

So in order to edit Or import the image in Lightroom you need have all the images copied to a specific folder on the Finder location such as Desktop folder, Picture folder. (Lightroom unable to see the images till the time you have all the images stored in a specific application like iPhotos, Photos app & Aperture Library, you can export the images out from these application and save it on a specific location on your computer)

Once you have all the images copied to that folder, then you can open Lightroom Go to import and browse the folder on the source location. Then Lightroom show you all the images on the import window and you can add the image to the Lightroom software for the further editing.

Regards,

Mohit

Mohit this is not correct.

By default Photos will open but won't start d/loading!! That is easy to turn off in Image Capture... here:

Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 6.11.39 PM.png

Lightroom will see an iPhone and files can be copied like any other device, it is not essential to go through Photos app at all..

Screen Shot 2016-09-07 at 6.11.27 PM.png

• 5. Re: LR not syncing with iPhone to down load photos nightmare
                  LuluGypsy Level 1

Hi Geoff, my problem is ongoing. now i have a big mess of images doubled up and still not able to down load into LR from my iPhone. it did work but for some reason it stopped working they are saying its an iPhone problem. So i guess i go back to apple

• 6. Re: LR not syncing with iPhone to down load photos nightmare

Where are you??? I have used Apple and Adobe apps for years and sometimes there can be minor issues but I haven't seen what you are getting.

I''m happy to talk by phone or connect via screen sharing. As mentioned I am in the Wairarapa.