• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.5.2 crash on one book

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2016 Sep 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing crashes with version 4.5.2.  In my case it is only 1 (one) book that causes the crash, both on fulfilling the book, and then attempting to open it when it appears after restarting.  All other books are fine.

What is also curious is that I created a second new Windows account on my machine (running Windows 10) and on THAT account the particular book causes no problem!  However, my original Windows account is packed with reams of stuff and I am not wanting to ditch it.

I have tried numerous efforts to correct this:

1) de-authorizing and re-authorizing my computer.

2) downloading new .acsm files

3) uninstalled ADE, removed every trace of it from the Windows registry and from my user "appdata" folders, and re-installed ADE

4) transferred the book file from the working Windows account to the original Windows account

None of these efforts have worked, and again, it only this one book that causes the problem.  It seems that something in my Windows user account is conflicting with this book.

I do not know how to create or find the ADE error/crash log.

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear reeffee352,

I'm experiencing a very simillar situation whenever I try to fulfill a e-book in epub 3 format. Annoyingly more and more such books appear and consequently ADE crashes now almost with every third download from my bookstore. Still a epub file is generated and I can transfer this epub to my reader by direct copying. There it opens with a message that it is a new format that is not completely supported yet but I can read it.

I use windows 10, ADE 4.5.3.162045

Have you already tried the recipes provided by Adobe here: Error messages and troubleshooting tips for activation errors in Adobe Digital Editions? I have not yet tested playing with the registry - did you try this with success?

Best

Walter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines