5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2016 6:59 AM by Roei Tzoref

New build, poor performance.

jamals26396181 Level 1

I know, I know... Probably an insanely frustrating question as there is SO much content out there to help but I've spent the past two days trying to get my new PC to properly function with After Effects CC and it just wont play nice.

CPU: i7 6700

GPU: Geforce 1070

Ram: 16gb

500GB Samsung Evo 850 M.2 SSD for windows, installation files and all projects/files.

7 times out of 10 I hit preview and nothing will render - the screen won't show anything thats in the composition.  If I close the project and reopen it, it will render but pretty slowly. Even on 1/2 and 1/4 resolution. The projects are entirely 2d animation, mainly rigged characters. All at 1920x1080. Even sometimes when its just a simple text animation, the rendering will not play in real time.

Last night I rendered down a 9 second logo sting (made up predominantly of vector files) and it took 2 hours at 1920x1080.

I upgraded from a late 2013 Macbook Pro but am not seeing any difference in performance. What am I doing wrong? Any tips? My thoughts are to maybe get a SSD just for cache but from what I've read, that only improves rendering a little bit and I'm needing a pretty big change in performance.