3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2016 12:37 AM by Roei Tzoref

Manipulating text in 3D and preview issues

crazysnake Level 1

I have two issues.

So I have been having problems with using text in 3D.  I worked on a couple projects recently where I wanted the text to move toward the viewer, kind of like in movie trailers when the text comes at the audience.  However many times when I use keyframes to make the text come towards the camera on the z axis, it makes a small loop instead of coming straight forward and it changes the x axis even though I didn't touch it.  Anyone know what I am doing wrong? 

The other issue is that lately my compositions won't RAM preview or can't be played back all the way.  I will try to watch a composition but only a few frames will turn green and it repeats that same part instead of playing the whole composition.  I tried everything people online said like lowering the resolution or emptying my caches but the problem still persists. 

• 1. Re: Manipulating text in 3D and preview issues
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
          However many times when I use keyframes to make the text come towards the camera on the z axis, it makes a small loop instead of coming straight forward and it changes the x axis even though I didn't touch it.  Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

You are probably manipulating a 2 node camera instead of your text. the camera moves forward to the point of interest and then flips over to the other side. you can manipulate your text instead of the camera, or manipulate your camera properly.

The other issue is that lately my compositions won't RAM preview or can't be played back all the way.

Ae will give you as much RAM as it can, based on what's available. you do have to check your preview settings so that you are getting the behavior you want. for example the range: if the work area is trimmed, you will only preview it's timespan when this is the option in the Preview options.

• 2. Re: Manipulating text in 3D and preview issues
            crazysnake Level 1

I tried the cache before playback option and changed range to work area and it seems to render more quickly. 

As far as the text goes I am pretty sure it is just the text position I am changing.  Sometimes the text will come toward the camera and other times it  does that small loop thing I mentioned. 

• 3. Re: Manipulating text in 3D and preview issues
              Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

show us the loop thing so we could see what exactly is happening. Either of these will do: Screen shots/video capture/rendered video/project file