4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2016 5:51 AM by Zdeto

    LR TIFF develop settings lost, afted editing in PS

    Zdeto

      Hi there!

       

      Here's my situation. I have TIFF files in LR catalog, I make adjustments and edits to them by using the Develop module. Then I want to edit some of them in Photoshop. So I press Ctrl-E, choose to edit the original file in PS. After I do the edits in PS, I flatten and save the file, close it and return to Lightroom.

      And surprise, all my develop settings I had on it are gone. All sliders are reset. I have to go back in history to recover my adjustments on that file! Waste of time...

      Why is happening that? How can it be solved?

      Thanks!

        • 1. Re: LR TIFF develop settings lost, afted editing in PS
          Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

          By selecting the option to Edit the original you are sending the file to PS without any LR adjustments. You must select Edit a Copy including LR adjustment for the LR edits to show up in PS. Then once you save that image in PS all edits will be included.

           

          But anytime you send a file to PS from LR none of the LR edits will be available unless you go back to the history section. Then when creating a new file none will be available because it is a NEW File.

          • 2. Re: LR TIFF develop settings lost, afted editing in PS
            Zdeto Level 1

            Thanks but you misunderstood me!

            I know exactly how this works. I want to edit the tiff in PS without the LR adjustments applied (the original file). I see no reason why the LR adjustments are being reset if the base file is changed in other editor. I do edit the files in PS, because there's stuff that LR can't handle, but to keep those LR adjustments that I already did to the file, until I finally export the file.

             

            For example, I have a nice picture in tiff format. I do all kinds of adjustments in LR, until I am satisfied. Then, at some point I notice something in the image, that only Photoshop can handle. So, I edit the original file (without LR adjustments). Then I go back to LR where I expect that my initial adjustments to be kept intact. It used to work that way, a few versions back. I did this hundreds of time, but now I noticed the bug, maybe? I don't want to create a new file with LR edits applied, every time I want to correct something in PS.

            I hope I've been clearer now!

            • 3. Re: LR TIFF develop settings lost, afted editing in PS
              BKKDon Level 4

              Zdeto wrote:

               

              Thanks but you misunderstood me!

              I know exactly how this works. I want to edit the tiff in PS without the LR adjustments applied (the original file). I see no reason why the LR adjustments are being reset if the base file is changed in other editor. I do edit the files in PS, because there's stuff that LR can't handle, but to keep those LR adjustments that I already did to the file, until I finally export the file.

              Go to the develop module and then in the History section click on the last applied edit and all will be applied.

              • 4. Re: LR TIFF develop settings lost, afted editing in PS
                Zdeto Level 1

                BKKDon wrote:

                 

                Go to the develop module and then in the History section click on the last applied edit and all will be applied.

                As I was saying in the original post:

                Zdeto wrote:

                 

                I have to go back in history to recover my adjustments on that file!

                That's exactly how I do it, but I waste time doing that.

                My question is WHY is this happening, not how to recover the adjustments! Is it a bug? Is it a newly introduced setting that I don't know about? Because I clearly remember doing edits in PS and not losing adjustments in LR... and I've been using LR since version 1 beta.