6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2006 9:36 PM by Newsgroup_User

Flash Upgrade

arcane_factors
      Hi ! I'm a Flash 5 and Dreamweaver Mx user. Now I would like to upgrade to studio 8. As I have Dreamweaver Mx it's not good for me to buy the whole Studio 8 so I think buying the studio 8 upgrade could be a good solution.Do yout think should it work for me ? I imagine ireworks won't work but it doesn't matter : what I need to have it's flash 8 and dreamweaver 8 working.
        • 1. Re: Flash Upgrade
          Level 7
          I do not think you can upgrade from Flash 5 + DW MX to Studio 8. You are
          likely going to have to buy a new license.

Currrently if you are a serious MM desinger or developer you will have Flash
          8 professional and DW 8 as minimum tools. Fireworks I love, but if you are
          an Adobe Photoshop fan then you might look at some of the new packaging
          Adobe is offering combining products from both companies to see if any meets
          your needs and your pocketbook. Then you can follow that upgrade path.

But for me Fireworks DW and Flash as the basic three in the studio are a
          powerful combination for anyone to ahve and the rest are gravy.

Finally my 2 cents is I am not really seeing any insight in Adobe
          repackaging of the combined product lines right now. Hopefully they will
          study the job functions of those who use buy and use these tools for future
          product suites.

In the short run I would have liked to see a buffet suite where you could
          pick 5 products and make your own suite. - Just an out of the box thinking
          idea.

--
          Lon Hosford
          www.lonhosford.com
          May many happy bits flow your way!
          "arcane_factors" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e1ufvg$oif$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          Hi ! I'm a Flash 5 and Dreamweaver Mx user. Now I would like to upgrade to
          studio 8. As I have Dreamweaver Mx it's not good for me to buy the whole
          Studio
          8 so I think buying the studio 8 upgrade could be a good solution.Do yout
          think
          should it work for me ? I imagine ireworks won't work but it doesn't matter
          :
          what I need to have it's flash 8 and dreamweaver 8 working.

• 2. Re: Flash Upgrade
            Level 7
            arcane_factors;
            I can't understand exactly what you are asking, but you probably can
            upgrade from dwmx, and I would recommend getting the entire studio:

http://www.macromedia.com/software/studio/productinfo/upgrade/

-Tom Unger

• 3. Re: Flash Upgrade
              arcane_factors Level 1
              Ok, I put it very basic : I have Dreamweaver Mx, Flash 5 , no fireworks .
              So i think , as you suggest me, the best think to do would be buying Studio 8 Upgrade . I just would like to know if I can upgrade dreamweaver mx and flash 5 with the studio 8 upgrade package. If , as someone suggested , I can't upgrade form flash 5 what would be the minimum version of flash required to upgrade to flash 8 ? From an economical point of view , the most convenient solution could be buying the studio 8 upgrade PLUS some old flash version used , yet I have to know what's the version of flash require to upgrade. I know it' s a little complicated but I would be very grateful if you help me out
              • 4. Re: Flash Upgrade
                Infinite_Darkness Level 1
                If I were you, I'd get in touch with customer service about your upgrade questions, they helped a bud of mine figure out which upgrade path would be more beneficial.
                • 5. Re: Flash Upgrade
                  Level 7
                  1. You can publish to all the previous Flash player versions in Flash 8. So
                  Flash 8 Authoring tool would make sense.

2. You need the previous version of the Flash authoring tool and thus Flash
                  MX 2004 would likely be the requirement.

3. As Inifinite Darkness said, calling Adobe would help clarify for you.

--
                  Lon Hosford
                  www.lonhosford.com
                  May many happy bits flow your way!
                  "arcane_factors" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:e20m6c$esb$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  Ok, I put it very basic : I have Dreamweaver Mx, Flash 5 , no fireworks .
                  So i think , as you suggest me, the best think to do would be buying Studio
                  Upgrade . I just would like to know if I can upgrade dreamweaver mx and
                  flash 5
                  with the studio 8 upgrade package. If , as someone suggested , I can't
                  upgrade
                  form flash 5 what would be the minimum version of flash required to upgrade
                  to
                  flash 8 ? From an economical point of view , the most convenient solution
                  could
                  be buying the studio 8 upgrade PLUS some old flash version used , yet I have
                  to
                  know what's the version of flash require to upgrade. I know it' s a little
                  complicated but I would be very grateful if you help me out

• 6. Re: Flash Upgrade
                    Level 7

"arcane_factors" wrote in message
                    news:e20m6c$esb$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    > Ok, I put it very basic : I have Dreamweaver Mx, Flash 5 , no fireworks .
                    > So i think , as you suggest me, the best think to do would be buying
                    Studio 8
                    > Upgrade .

Sorry, I just don't understand... The studio includes dw8, flash 8,
                    fireworks 8, and more, and since you own dwmx, you are probably eligable for
                    the upgrade price for the entire studio (see the link in my earlier reply).
                    As others suggest, consider calling customer support directly with upgrade
                    questions--they are trained to help you with such things... -Tom Unger