3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2016 1:34 PM by dbdikeman

publishing to Flickr from Lightwave CC 2015

ddownn

I am using Lightroom CC and Flickr. When Publishing to Flickr, Lightroom is not passing the "Capture Time" from metadata to "Date Taken" in Flickr.

In the Flickr tab of the Lightroom Publishing Manager, it is set to include "All Metadata."

Untitled.jpgUntitled 2.jpg

Untitled 3.jpg

• 1. Re: publishing to Flickr from Lightwave CC 2015
          dbdikeman Level 1

I have the same problem. As a result, I can't use the arrange function in the Flickr album to arrange by date taken.

• 2. Re: publishing to Flickr from Lightwave CC 2015
            johnrellis Most Valuable Participant
            I have the same problem. As a result, I can't use the arrange function in the Flickr album to arrange by date taken.

I just did a test with the built-in Flickr publish service, and LR's capture date was successfully uploaded to Flickr's Date Taken.

Some trouble-shooting steps:

1. Double-check that you have Metadata > Include: All Metadata set in the settings for the Flickr publish service.

2. Try uploading a new photo today. In the past year or two, Flickr has become very unreliable as Yahoo descends into its death spiral (which will likely get worse as Verizon starts cost cutting), with constant intermittent problems that sooner or later go away.

3. Try this third-party Flickr plugin. The developer's plugins have an excellent reputation.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: publishing to Flickr from Lightwave CC 2015
              dbdikeman Level 1

Thanks for your reply. I can see that the capture time is shown by the uploaded photo. But somehow, Flickr can't use it to arrange the photos in chronological order. I did check to see that I had clicked the All Metadata box in the publish service setup for Flickr in LR. I hadn't thought about Flickr and Yahoo and the corporate issues.