The camera should be supported by that version of camera raw. Is there any chance that you used Nikon Transfer to download the images? Some versions of that program are known to make the images unreadable by Adobe software.
Follow these steps to get the job done:
- Press the Playback button to switch to playback mode.
- Display the picture you want to process in the single-image (full-frame) view.
- If necessary, you can shift from thumbnails view to single-image view by just pressing OK.
- Press OK.
- The Retouch menu then appears top your photo
- Use the Multi Selector to scroll to the NEF (RAW) Processing option, as shown in the previous figure.
- Press OK to display your processing options.
- Set the conversion options.
- When you finish setting all the conversion options, highlight EXE on the main conversion screen (refer to the second figure, above) and then press OK.
Get complete details from Nikon D3300 Manual.
Your information is not relevant to loading the NEF files from the D3300 into Photoshop CS6/Camera Raw 9.1.1.