1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 19, 2006 1:20 PM by Newsgroup_User

Error playing shockwave on a new G5

deecee1117
      All,

Years past I did a good deal of work with Director and I still use animations from that time (~1999) in current programs.
      I've continued to recompile the old code in newer versions of Director up to MX.
      The animations have worked until I received this latest error report.

On a new G5 imac with the newest shockwave plugin, I get the following error message:
      "This application requires an Xtra (Shockwave Audio...) that either does not exist or failed to initialize properly. Please make sure that the appropriate Xtras are in the Xtra(s) folder."

There is no Xtras folder. These animations are just shocked movies that sync a timeline to a swa file.

Has anyone seen this problem.
      Thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: Error playing shockwave on a new G5
          Level 7
          Somewhere on your computer is an Xtras' folder that is used to support your
          shockwave in your particular browser.

The Xtras folder it is referring to is something like this on a PC:
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Shockwave 10
          That's what it uses for shocked files through the browser. Mine has 34 xtra
          files.

On the Mac, it something like Applications Support/Macromedia/Shockwave/
          etc..., but on my mac, there's only 1 xtra file in there for quicktime. I'm
          not sure if they're somewhere else for the other browsers, but searching
          only turned up this one.

You may just need to go in the the xtras property for that file that's not
          working and select the shockwave audio xtra and make sure it says "download
          if needed".

TR

"deecee1117" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:e25h1g$nc6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > All,
          >
          > Years past I did a good deal of work with Director and I still use
          > animations
          > from that time (~1999) in current programs.
          > I've continued to recompile the old code in newer versions of Director up
          > to
          > MX.
          > The animations have worked until I received this latest error report.
          >
          > On a new G5 imac with the newest shockwave plugin, I get the following
          > error
          > message:
          > "This application requires an Xtra (Shockwave Audio...) that either does
          > not
          > exist or failed to initialize properly. Please make sure that the
          > appropriate
          > Xtras are in the Xtra(s) folder."
          >
          > There is no Xtras folder. These animations are just shocked movies that
          > sync
          > a timeline to a swa file.
          >
          > Has anyone seen this problem.
          > Thanks in advance
          >