• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Adobe Air on Windows 8

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several times over the past year to install Adobe Air on my Windows 8 system.  The process starts, I accept the terms and click install, and then the screen immediately pops up to say that installation was successful; however the program is not installed.  I have searched manually and automatically for the program and the installation log, but they aren't here.  Air installs fine on my Windows 7 machine.  Has anyone else seen this particular string of events on install?  Ideas?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara

check folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\Resources\"

and see installed files are there or not, and if files are there then try to run .air file and let us know if you face any problem.

And tell us exact steps to reproduce this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately, there is no "Adobe AIR" folder in my Common Files folder.  There is an "Adobe" folder, but it only contains folders for Acrobat and Reader.

Here's what happens:

1. I downloaded the AdobeAIRInstaller

2. Launch the setup window and click "I agree"

3. I get the window asking to allow permission for the program to make changes to the computer.

4. When I grant permission, the Adobe AIR Setup window reappears immediately and states that the the Installation is completed and that Adobe Air has been successfully installed.  And by immediate, I mean less than a second.

5. I click "Finish" but can find no evidence that the program was installed.

6. The only Adobe programs that appear with a search are Adobe Reader DC and Adobe Digital Editions.

Appreciate any other ideas you may have! 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if Air install, goto control panel and uninstall it

goto Adobe - Adobe AIR

Download Air
and check the size of installer file is 10.2 or 10.3 MB.
If yes then try to install it.

if no then tell us.

Feel free to contact us if you have any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what I said I did (repeatedly) before.  I downloaded it once more, and confirmed that the installer file is 10.5 MB, but it still failed as described in the steps I listed in reply #2 above.  Can someone provide any guidance about this type of problem?  I have seen other threads asking about the same issue but we are just being told to download and try the install again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara,

What is the version of Adobe AIR you are trying to install? There will not be any icon available for Adobe AIR if you are expecting the same. Could you once download the latest version of Adobe AIR from Adobe - Adobe AIR and try to reproduce with the same. If it says that the installation was successful try running .air app and if you observe any issues take a screenshot of the same and post it here so that we can understand the issue better.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The version I am trying to install is the latest version on the website (23.0).  I downloaded and "installed" once again and the same thing happened.  I get the message that it installed successfully but there is no evidence of an installation on my system.  I am not just looking for an icon on my desktop.  There is nothing on my C:\ drive and no Air program visible through my control panel.  I also tried running .air app and received the message below.  Two months of trying now.  Probably time to give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2016 Oct 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, i try it solved and my problem fixed

infoinkamu.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines