2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2016 6:08 PM by loloboz@aol.com

What's wrong with my clone tool?

loloboz@aol.com

I've been trying to edit some lines out of film footage with the clone stamp tool by activating clone source overlay, picking up the correct color, clicking and dragging and then painting over the lines with the clone tool, but it isn't working properly. The tool is just either painting in black or removing pixels, not sure, and instead of painting only one line, it's painting in two. I hope that is a clear enough explanation. I'm so frustrated. I've closed down and opened new projects over and over. Could it have to do with my computer not having the correct graphics card or do I need to reinstall the program? Thanks for any suggestions.

• 1. Re: What's wrong with my clone tool?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Have you typed Clone tool in the search help field at the top right corner of AE and checked out the community resources and the help files. Most folks that try and use the clone tool the first time run into all kinds of problems.

If you have successfully used the clone tool in the past then please post workflow details and a screenshot as well as your os and Adobe versions down to the last decimal point.

• 2. Re: What's wrong with my clone tool?
            loloboz@aol.com Level 1

Wow, thanks for the quick response! I did type in "Clone tool" but haven't really studied the resources yet. I was in contact with someone else doing the same work as I'm trying to do, and thought he would have the answer, then I went into the forum because Customer Service was closed already. Interesting that so many people have had trouble with the clone tool. No, I haven't tried to use the clone tool in this capacity before now. I'm really a beginner at Aftereffects also. I was able to paint the unwanted lines out with the brush tool, but I don't think that's what's required for this job. Will check further. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get it to work.