5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2016 3:07 PM by dj_paige

'File could not be found' message, but can't find new location

ellam94496440

I'm getting a 'file could not be found' message for a set of images I imported last night. I've read a few posts about a similar issue which suggest clicking the '!' icon and finding the new file location, but there doesn't seem to be a new file location- when I search my laptop there's no sign of them. They're still visible in Lightroom under 'previous import' but I can't do anything with them.

I left my card reader plugged in overnight and stupidly pulled it without properly ejecting this morning- I'm wondering if this is the cause, but I've done this before and never lost photos that were already imported. In a rush this morning, I erased all of the images from the card to make room for an event I was heading to, so if I can't recover them they're gone for good.

edit: I just noticed- Creative Cloud used to show up in the finder toolbar section as an external thing (same icon as a usb drive, option to eject, etc) but as of this morning is lumped in with the others: Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 4.36.42 PM.png. Not sure if this is related.