2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2016 12:54 AM by Mylenium

Trapcode Particular motion tracking

Code One Films Level 1

Hello everyone,

another question with hopefully a easy solution that I just overlooked...

I motion tracked my scene because I want to put a Trapcode Particular particle effect in there.

So I tracked, selected a spot to 'create camera and null' and got in a solid with particular plugin.

but even though I make the layer 3D, it stays invisible. As soon as I make the camera layer invisible, the particular layer becomes visible again.

so it seems like it's saying 'no you can't track me into a scene', what do I do?

I do think it should be possible since there was actually a motion tracked particle in the Trapcode Particular official trailer..

Greetings from Holland,

Quinten

• 1. Re: Trapcode Particular motion tracking
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional
          but even though I make the layer 3D,

you don't do that with particular. it's a 3D effect - it should be applied to a 2D layer, not a 3D layer.

what you should do is incorporate particular into the scene with a light layer. create a light layer and call it Emitter. set your particular plugin to use a light (Emitter Type->Light). now the light is your 3D native reference to where particular is in the scene. all you have to do now is attach it to any point you tracked in the scene and it will follow along.

one easy way to do this is create null via the 3d tracker, select your Emitter layer and press shift as you parent it to the null. it will now get the position and orientation from the null. after that unparent the layer.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Trapcode Particular motion tracking
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

So I tracked, selected a spot to 'create camera and null' and got in a solid with particular plugin.

These effects are applied to a 2D layer. They are "windows" peeking into a 3D universe and don't interact with AE's native 3D environment. It would probbaly be a good idea to read the Particular help on how to set it up properly. Other than that, as lready suggested, using light emitters or Nulls that are linked via pickwhip-expressions is way to go.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful