3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2016 4:27 PM by wobertc

Can't access Coles Classroom "Crisp & Clean Presets Collection" in Lightroom

trishk36854

I am a "newbe" to this Lightroom, so still learning, please bear with me!  I recently purchaed Coles Classroom "Crisp and Clean Collection" presets and I have installed them correctly according to Coles explicite instructions, and I can find them when I go to my "edit" tab at top left of Lightroom after going into various drop boxes and can find them in the "Local Adjustments Presets" folder, so they installed but when I go to click on the little square (graduated filter) on the right side of Lightroom next to the "brush" it does not show the presets in a drop down like it does when cole shows it on his video turorial.  Can anyone help me out here?? I'm sure it's just something really silly, that I'm not doing right.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

• 1. Re: Can't access Coles Classroom "Crisp & Clean Presets Collection" in Lightroom
          wobertc Adobe Community Professional

"Local Adjustments" are listed in the drop-down menu beside the word "Effects" (My clip currently shows Custom: )

ScreenShot182.jpg

Note that in the folder that contains "Local Adjustments" you cannot have sub-folders. If you place "Local Adjustments" in sub-folders of [Local Adjustment Presets] they will not appear in this menu. Is this a possibility with your folder?

Is it possible that they are global "Develop" presets?

• 2. Re: Can't access Coles Classroom "Crisp & Clean Presets Collection" in Lightroom
            trishk36854 Level 1

I did click on custom and got a drop down menu, so that is good but it looks like some of the presets are there but not all of them.  I cannot figure out where or how I access the other presets...

• 3. Re: Can't access Coles Classroom "Crisp & Clean Presets Collection" in Lightroom
              wobertc Adobe Community Professional

FYI Presets are small files named with the file-type  .TEMPLATE

In your computers operating system they are stored in folders appropriate for their purpose. They could be Develop Adjustments templates or Local Adjustment templates, etc. They can be copied, pasted, moved, (and deleted), like most other files.

This article has more about the location on Lightroom files- Where to find preference files for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5  (Some minor changes for LR6)

Your Develop Presets would be  located-

Mac:

/Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Develop Presets/[preset or template filename.lrtemplate]

Windows:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets\[preset or template filename.lrtemplate]

Your Local Adjustment Presets would be located-

Mac:

/Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Local Adjustment Presets/[preset or template filename.lrtemplate]

Windows:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Local Adjustment Presets\[preset or template filename.lrtemplate]

How did your purchased presets arrive? In a zip file?

Did you extract the template files from the zip or did an install program do that automatically?

Are they all in one folder together?

Did you copy them to the folders suggested above?

Were they Develop adjustment presets or Local adjustment presets?

Have you searched in the operating system for xxx.template files?  (not using lightroom!)

When you are confident you know where the  .template files are in the operating system, then we can begin to know if they are in the correct location for Lightroom to see them.

Sorry if I am making this appear more difficult, but 'understanding' is the key to getting them working.