4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2016 6:42 AM by Just Shoot Me

Accidentally deleted all photos from Lightroom

enesbbb

Hello, today by mistake i deleted around 2000 photos which were edited. I tried ctr+z, but no luck. I imported all of the photos again, but all of the edits i had done(exposure, contrast) were gone. I tried to open the .lrcat file with Notepad and this is what I saw.here.JPG

As you can see there are values assigned, Contrast = 25, CropAngle = 0.0025, so the edits i made are still there, but not assigned to the photos i reuploaded. And I need help on how to do this. Any help is appreciated!

• 1. Re: Accidentally deleted all photos from Lightroom
          elie_di Level 3

If you backed up the catalog, unzip the backup file, double-click on it and LR will launch with it active. If your edits are there, put it in place of your defunct catalog.

• 2. Re: Accidentally deleted all photos from Lightroom
            enesbbb Level 1

I don't have any backup, is there another way? As stated above, i guess the edits are stored in the .lrcat file.

• 3. Re: Accidentally deleted all photos from Lightroom
              dj_paige Level 9

As far as I know, if you delete the photos from the catalog, and Ctrl-Z doesn't help, and you don't have backups, then there's no way to proceed in Lightroom. I suppose if you were really good at writing SQL code, you could find these edits in the catalog file (since apparently they are still present) and apply them to the new imports of the same photos, but good luck with that.

You need to start making regular and automated backups of BOTH the catalog file and your photos, backups being placed on a different physical disk than the originals. No excuses!

• 4. Re: Accidentally deleted all photos from Lightroom
                Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

enesbbb wrote:

I don't have any backup, is there another way? As stated above, i guess the edits are stored in the .lrcat file.

The default Lightroom setting for creating automatic catalog backups is once every week when closing LR. So unless you constantly Skipped those backups, an option when the backup dialog comes up, or you changed the setting to Never in the Catalog Settings dialog your install of LR has been creating catalog backups once a week when you exited LR.

So search your hard drive for .(dot)LRCAT.(dot)zip or just .LRCAT and see what turns up. The backups will be in a folder with a date for the name and the actual backed up catalog will have the same name as the catalog name you are currently using.