5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2016 9:25 AM by Roei Tzoref

Rendering Problems.

Popp9000

So I've recently downloaded a free trial for After Effects (AE) and have used it already. I worked on a project for hours, but when I rendered it half of the stuff i put in the project weren't in the render. I used a background image and put animated text on it. When I render, only the background shows, without the text. And yes, I have the text and effects for it in the work area. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Please be gentle, I've only downloaded AE 1 or 2 days ago, so maybe I'm doing something really obvious wrong.

• 1. Re: Rendering Problems.
          Roei Tzoref Adobe Community Professional

if I had to guess, I would assume you rendered the wrong composition. you should make sure that you are rendering the composition you are previewing.  an easy indication is the name.

to make sure you can click twice on the rendered queue item in the render queue and it will open the timeline panel for that item.

if that's not it, and you preview one thing in your composition panel, but seem to render another, and it is the same composition - please provide screenshots of the full interface so we can see what what goes on in your project ,composition, and timeline panels vs. your final video.

make sure you read/watch this to understand the rendering process:

Export compositions and render video in After Effects | Adobe After Effects CC tutorials

more thorough information here

Basics of rendering and exporting in After Effects CC

• 2. Re: Rendering Problems.
            Popp9000 Level 1

Hey,

thanks for the reply. I did read the basics that you sent at the bottom of your reply before I posted my question and couldn't find anything useful for my problem. I also tried double clicking the project and I'm sure I rendered the right one, as I did what you said and I've also only worked on 1 project so far.

Help1.png

Here's a screenshot of my full AE window, below are two screenshots with the render settings I used.

Help3.png

Help2.png

I can also add a video of what the composition preview looks like versus what it ends up rendering if required. Thanks anyway for the help.

• 3. Re: Rendering Problems.

I guessed wrong . this is your problem:

uncheck your layers as "Guide Layers" and you will be fine. layer->guide layer

out of curiosity. why did you check those as guide layers in the first place?

• 4. Re: Rendering Problems.
                Popp9000 Level 1

You were right this time, this fixed it! And I don't know why I checked those as guide layers, must have done that by accident when I was messing around a bit. And seeing as though I didn't yet know what the guide layer indicator was, I didn't know I'd done that. Anyway, thanks so much!

• 5. Re: Rendering Problems.

Great! thanks for the feedback.