6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2017 7:49 PM by SangyeT

Canon 1DX Mark2 dual card import duplicates?

arthurbikemad

Hi all, I have Canon 1DX Mark 2, I have a small issue where when both cards are installed in the camera (CF and Cfast) and I am recording RAW to just one of them lightroom 6.6.1 import shows two of each image on the one card? If you remove the second card and import again it only shows one? Checking the cards on other systems shows only the one image as it should? Seems that LR seems to duplicate the image (same filename etc) when both cards are installed, does not seem to matter what card is set as default it always shows duplicates when two cards are installed in the camera.

Mac OS 10.11.6

1DX Mk2 firmware 1.1.2

LR 6.6.1

Anyone have the same camera want to test, thing is I only just got the Cfast card as part of the offer so would never have known prior to running both cards.

Arthur

• 1. Re: Canon 1DX Mark2 dual card import duplicates?
          BKKDon Level 4

It seems as though you have your options set to Rec. to Multiple. Make sure that in your recording options you DON'T have it set to Rec. to Multiple the options that are easiest to use are either Standard or Auto Switch.

Also you can use Rec. Separately if you wish to record different quality settings to separate cards, again they will be seen as different images so both will be imported..

• 2. Re: Canon 1DX Mark2 dual card import duplicates?
            arthurbikemad Level 1

Thanks for the reply BKKDon, yes it's set to standard, like I say when you view the cards independently of Lighroom they contain what you expect, an image on the set card in RAW and nothing on the second card, however when you then go to import in LR it shows a duplicate of said image, remove the other card with no images and the duplicate disappears when you go back to reimport? :S

• 3. Re: Canon 1DX Mark2 dual card import duplicates?
              BKKDon Level 4

arthurbikemad wrote:

Thanks for the reply BKKDon, yes it's set to standard, like I say when you view the cards independently of Lighroom they contain what you expect, an image on the set card in RAW and nothing on the second card, however when you then go to import in LR it shows a duplicate of said image, remove the other card with no images and the duplicate disappears when you go back to reimport? :S

Does it actually duplicate the images if you import them?

My apologies I found a thread here about Cfast and OSX and they recommend to copy them to the HD before importing them Help! 1DX II Cfast issues!

Seems like it may be an issue with Cfast and OSX.

• 4. Re: Canon 1DX Mark2 dual card import duplicates?
                arthurbikemad Level 1

No problem, thanks for trying to help.

Yes if I import them LR creates two, 1DX00000.CR3 and 1DX00000-2.CR3 for example, however only one exists on the card in the camera, if you remove the second blank card from the camera and do the same it only imports and shows one, the only one that is actually stored on the card in camera.

It seems that LR while importing images from the 1DX2 via USB with two cards in camera somehow sees two, but the Canon software only see's one and is able to show the directory of each separately, normally LR just shows all images stored on both cards, or thats what it used to do.

Just checked the same process with my 5D3 and two cards and it works fine.

• 5. Re: Canon 1DX Mark2 dual card import duplicates?
                  arthurbikemad Level 1

Just for the thread info, now have another 1DX2 and LR6 user that confirms same issue.

Note this issue is not that of image corruption with Cfast cards and the 1DX2 with early firmware, that was resolved in 1.0.2 and 1.1.2.

• 6. Re: Canon 1DX Mark2 dual card import duplicates?
                    SangyeT

Hello Arthur,

I have the exact same issue with LR 6 and a Canon 5d m4.

Have you found an answer yet with your 1dx2?

Cheers

Rob