15 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2016 8:38 AM by carolynd31325936

Narration did not upload to web

carolynd31325936

I am using Windows 10,  64 bit.

I recently uploaded a video to the web. I had to do it manually as the uploading services did not work. With some help from this forum, eventually everything uploaded beautifully.  However, I just noticed that the narration was missing.

I am wondering if the narration did not upload because I was not using the resident Adobe Premiere 14 recorder.  I used a recording I did on my cellphone, translated into WAV file, and then inserted it onto the Narration time-line.   I am wondering if the Adobe Premiere 14 does not not recognize anything on that time-line except that which is recorded by the resident recorder. Do I need to, instead, insert my narration onto one of the other time-lines?

Thank you for your help.

Carolyn

• 1. Re: Narration did not upload to web
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

That shouldn't be an issue. You can put anything on the Narration track -- but, as I say in my book, if you DO record narration, it will overwrite what is on that track.

But if you can see the clip on your track and if it is loud enough, there is no reason it should not output with your movie. (You also checked the MP4 you output from your project before it was uploaded, right?)

Meantime, did you open the Audio Mixer (under the Tools menu) and ensure that the narration clip you added was loud enough to register between -6 and zero (as the rest of your movie)?

• 2. Re: Narration did not upload to web
            carolynd31325936 Level 1

Hi Steve,

I will check these things and get back to you.

Cdd

Carolyn Dallman Downes, M.Ed

PERSONAL INFO DELETED

• 3. Re: Narration did not upload to web

Carolyn, please don't include personal and contact information in your posts! Spambots search forums like this looking for e-mail addresses and other contact information to spam!

• 4. Re: Narration did not upload to web
                carolynd31325936 Level 1

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your suggestions.  I will address each of them in turn.

1) There was nothing else on the narration track except the narration, which I recorded in WAV. format on a professional level recording device and then exported into the project.

2) I don't know what it means to check the MP4 output from my project before it is uploaded.  However, all the other tracks uploaded beautifully.  Only the narration was missing.

3) All of the narration was within the audio level parameters you described.

In the meantime, I moved all the narration from the Voice Track onto the Audio 1 track and I will see if this makes any difference when I upload it to the web.  This may take a few days, as I don't want to put the project on hold for the time it takes to perform this operation.

Thank you for your advice about contact information.  I work on several computers and at the present time, it doesn't look to me as if my contact info appears at the bottom of this email.  However, if it does appear at your end I may have to go to my iPad to erase it from my automated signature.

Thanks again for your help!

Best regards,

Carolyn

• 5. Re: Narration did not upload to web

You output an MP4 of your movie before you loaded it to YouTube, right? If so, play that movie in the VLC Media Player (an essential free download) and see if you can hear the narration there.

Sometimes YouTube will censor certain audio -- although it's usually music in a video that is some sort of copyright violation.

• 6. Re: Narration did not upload to web
                    carolynd31325936 Level 1

Hi Steve,

I have no idea what is means to "output an MP4 of my movie", so I guess that is a "no".  Would you prefer me to do some online research to try to figure out what this means, or is it OK to ask you to enlighten me?

Warm regards

Carolyn

• 7. Re: Narration did not upload to web
                      carolynd31325936 Level 1

Hi Steve,

I found a reference, ironically written by you, from a post you made in 2011:

"Try the Share/Portable Device/iPad setting and see what you think of the results.

This setting produces a nice, compact, high-quality mp4 file. At most, they may have to install the free Quicktime player -- but probably not."

Does this apply even if I am working in Windows 10 on a PC?  I have installed QuickTime on my laptop.

Cdd

• 8. Re: Narration did not upload to web

That advice would not apply to Premiere Elements 14.

In version 14, use Export & Share/Devices/Computer/1920x1080 with the MP4 Format selected.

This will produce an MP4. Play this video in VLC Media Player and let us know if you hear the narration.

• 9. Re: Narration did not upload to web
                          carolynd31325936 Level 1

Hi Steve,

I did this and it worked.  I noted that the approach you suggested was the same as the one I used when I sent the file to the web, but I don't recall seeing a processed "MP4" file such as the one I played back.  Hmmmm. . . I am not sure what I actually uploaded to Vimeo the last time.  Maybe it was an unprocessed file ?

In any event, this seems to have worked and all of the narration, both on the ones I moved onto Audio 1 track as well as the ones I left on the "voice" track (I wanted to find out if it would work either way, and it does.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Carolyn

• 10. Re: Narration did not upload to web

Great news, Carolyn! Please mark this question as answered.

• 11. Re: Narration did not upload to web
                              carolynd31325936 Level 1

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for your help.  

I have another mystery.  The first time I asked for help and you correctly answered my question,  I went to the link below and I could not find the "Correct" button. I tried on all three of my computers.  Nada.  

However, the second time, I followed the link and there was a "Correct" button.  

This time, once again, I cannot find the button.  Once again, I tried on my iPad and my other two laptops.  I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong, but I want you to get credit for your advice.  Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you for your help!

Carolyn

• 12. Re: Narration did not upload to web

Where are you when you're responding to my question?

If you click on the thread in the Adobe Premiere Elements, forum, you'll see the option to mark a thread as answered correctly.

Premiere Elements

You will not see it if you are responding to a post in your Inbox.

• 13. Re: Narration did not upload to web
                                  carolynd31325936 Level 1

Hi Steve,

I hate to be a pain, but I followed the link to Premiere Elements as you suggested, but can find no option to mark the question as answered correctly.

Please see screenshot attached.  What am I missing?

Thank you for your help and patience.  I want to make sure you get credit for it.

Best regards,

Carolyn

• 14. Re: Narration did not upload to web

If you're responding from inside the Adobe Premiere Elements forum, the Correct Answer button will appear at the bottom of every post in the thread.

CorrectAnswer.jpg

• 15. Re: Narration did not upload to web
                                      carolynd31325936 Level 1

Hi Steve,

OK, I think I figured it out and have marked the thread, "Correct". 

Thanks so much, as always, for your help.

Carolyn

Carolyn Dallman Downes, M.Ed

Registered Psychotherapist,

46 Benlamond Ave.,

Toronto, ON,

M4E 1Y9

416-363-0065

www.CarolynDallmanDownes.com